Menu
geforce007
Dialled in
Message 41 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to cancel Virgin Media contract?

i will be ending also.
going to BT gaming is not good anymore with virgin.
0 Kudos
Sinead2
Just joined
Message 42 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have just been on to Virgin to cancel my contract which is up in a few days. They informed me I have to give 30 notice so will be charging me for another month anyway. I find this bizarre as if I am no longer in contract how can they make me pay another month stating they need 30 notice.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 43 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sinead2

Thanks for getting in touch with us Smiley Happy

If you take a look in our Terms and Conditions you will see that all customers migrate automatically to a rolling 30 days contract once the original contract expires and all customers have to give us 30 days notice to close accounts.

I hope this helps Smiley Happy

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Ferenc1
Joining in
Message 44 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

Did U get any answer how to cancel your contract with Virgin Media ? I would like to move from UK to another country, so I need to cancel this contract with them

0 Kudos
LucilleJ
Tuning in
Message 45 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Can you please provide the postal address I want to send my cancellation by recorded delivery so I know they have received it as know how these suppliers try to wiggle out of things and say they didn't get notice when they did, also I don't want to waste time with someone trying to convince me to stay.  With over 4 raises in the price over the last year for less than I can get with Sky I'm moving!

0 Kudos
monbro
Just joined
Message 46 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I called and worked my way through the first few options until given 4 options - none which mentioned cancellation (or the more ambiguous - 'thinking' of leaving).  it was option 4 - something to do about moving house.  under that option was an option 5 - thinking of leaving or a kind of none of the above option. so finally the phone was answered and i confirmed the various letters of my password, entered my account number and region number and then go through to a human who said .... 'oh, our systems are down today, have been all morning so maybe try back after 2pm - we think they might be back then and of course we are open until 10pm today etc.'    I said I just want to cancel my account, can someone call me back.  No can do.  How about making a note on a piece of paper and just cancel my account when the systems come back online.  "it doesn't work like that".   Without being cynical it does seem like a delaying tactic.  I wonder what the result would have been if I wanted to add new services or other upgrades?

I'll try back again later in the day and see what happens.   Current bill £60+  for TV mix (2/5 bars), fibre30 (less than 25% of max), phone - not used.

Not really doing it for me.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Hugh

0 Kudos
MarkISmith
On our wavelength
Message 47 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same here...called through this morning, all the usual options clicked through...then told they can't do anything as the systems aren't working.

It is absolutely another delaying tactic...they know lots of people reassess their finances in January and Virgin Media are going to lose so much business...but I physically can't cancel right now!!!

Mark

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 48 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys

I'm going to try to answer the last 4 posts here in one go Smiley Happy

@Ferenc1

I hope you have been able to get in touch since you posted and thank you for joining us on the community.

To speak to our Movers teams who deal with customers moving abroad, you need to call 150 or 0345 454 1111 and choose option 4 then option 4 again.

I hope this helps.

@LucilleJ

If you can go to our Code Of Practice the address there can be used to write in to give notice to cancel if you are looking to do this in writing.

@monbro and @MarkISmith

Hi Hugh and Mark

If the Retentions teams had offline systems on Saturday just gone I do apologise. I hope you've both been in touch with them since you posted. When systems are offline to that degree it affects all teams handling customer accounts. This usually is sorted quite quickly so I apologise if this inconvenienced you at all.

We have all our accounts systems on a database that is secure. Writing things down is not a viable alternative as a company if those systems are offline as you can appreciate we may have had quite a few callers in the time the systems were down, so our best option is to apologise and ask customers to call back.

I hope this helps you all and that you have all been back in touch with the teams since you last posted.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Kind regards.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 49 of 55
Flag for a moderator

In thinking I recall they told me it was account information they couldn't access last weekend. But saying that I was able to call the next day to deal with things, just never worked out in the end.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 50 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Glad you got things sorted to a degree Dave

Anything I can help with if it wasn't sorted in the end though?

Cheers

Forum Team

0 Kudos