cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate Netflix subscription via Virgin

vgaj
Tuning in

Hi All,

I recently renewed my contract with Virgin and it comes with Netflix. Its been about 2 weeks now and I still haven't received anything on how to activate my subscription via Virgin.

Can anyone help me figure what to do?

94 REPLIES 94

Hi have recently upgraded and now have netflix in my subscription. But have not received an email with advise o  how to activate. I have checked on my account page. And also checked the netflix link on the the virgin box. Nothing about activating an account 

Regards 

"and what steps you've taken thus far in an effort to resolve it?"

That would be a good question for VM to answer after nearly a year of this issue.....

David2023
Joining in

Can someone from VM please tell me how to get my Netflix account transferred to my VM account which includes Netflix?

I tried using the Account tile under Entertainment Services and it just reports. "Netflix - Oops an error has occurred whilst trying to activate your service.  Please call us on 0800 052 5741."

I did that a week ago and spent 20 minutes on the phone changing browsers and explaining the issue many times.  I was told a ticket would be raised and I would be contacted in 5 days with a resolution as it was not possible from the Help Team I contacted.  They could see an issue too - hence the ticket.

I never received details of the ticket raised so I could follow up and nobody contacted me.  The Entertainment Service tile still reports the same error message.

I am using the same email address for Netflix and VM which I understand is a pre-requisite.

How do I get my Netflix account transferred

Hi David2023, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you are having an issue with getting your Netflix activated. Usually an email is sent to you to activate Netflix as well as the Netflix til being available through My VM. As you've not been able to get things sorted, we'd love to take a look in to things further for you. 

In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security so I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi David2023, 

Thanks for sticking with me via private message on this one. 

I'm glad we've been able to get this raised with the relevant teams. As promised, I will keep you updated of any developments and if you need anything else, pop back to us here. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi there,

I have a new connection with Virginmedia and should now be on the ultimate volt bundle including Netflix. Broadband up to 1 Gig but I have no email for Netflix and clicking activate Netflix in my virginmedia gives me a choice to pay for it. 

Could anyone from Virginmedia help me out? Made 5 calls and a whatasapp chat being told they will email me yet the last call she said we don’t have your email address…… 😂

Any help welcome as we cannot activate Netflix. Tried on iOS and desktop and through the 360 box. 

Regards,  Barrie. 

Hi broberts

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your Netflix account.

Did you have Netflix included with your bundle prior to changing package?

If so, this should just continue. 

If you didn't already have Netflix through us, and we don't have an email registered for you, this will be why nothing has been received as of yet. 

Have the team now taken an email address from you?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki, I changed my package to the ultimate volt bundle as I was told to do after connection. 

No Netflix until I made this change, signed up for ebilling and my virginmedia yet they said no email on account? 

I did spell my email out twice to someone today and they said they would sort Netflix and email me some articles on how to activate it. I never got an email so was concerned it hasn’t worked. I have had an email however to confirm volt has been activated and I have 1 gig broadband upgraded already. 

thanks for the reply, Barrie 

Hello again, just checked emails and one has a pdf. They haven’t put me on the ultimate volt bundle. It’s on the bigger volt bundle. I would be waiting a while 😂

Hi Barrie,

Thanks for letting us know, we're sorry to hear this remains unresolved for you. We'd like to help.

I've sent you over a PM so I can take details and look into this further for you. Please look out for my message at the white envelope icon,

Thanks!

Beth