cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate Netflix on Volt Ultimate

jondave
Tuning in

Hi

Have the same problem as many people on here, how on earth do I activate Netflix?
Changed to the Volt Ultimate bundle started on the 9th April and never received an email to activate Netflix.

Contacted VM on chat and phone several times and they don't know what to do.

Any ideas?

Thanks

70 REPLIES 70

Jonnieboyrevel
On our wavelength

Just adding myself to the list of people with Ultimate Volt but no Netflix activation email.

The engineer was here and fitted the extra box etc... on Friday. Channels are all live and my account shows the new package. However, I have had no activation email, there is no activate button in my account pages and my V6 box only gives the option to sign in or open a new account. 

Not very impressed tbh. I've now been billed for another month directly from Netflix... 

Yeah it’s pretty poor. Someone from virgin must know why this is happening to every customer. So you’re being charged by Netflix and I’m not able to watch it. Something is wrong big time with virgin. They seem to. It have a clue what is going on 

Hey @Jonnieboyrevel,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry that you haven't been able to activate Netflix on your account or via the activation email. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

kilgour
Tuning in

I'm also having the same problem. I renewed my contract over a month ago and Netflix was included in my updated package (I currently have a direct subscription with Netflix). I've never received an activation email and there are no banners/links to click on when logging in to my account on the web or through the VM app.

I rang Customer Services a couple of weeks ago and they told me I must have missed the email or it went to junk (it didn't) but said they weren't able to send another one out as there was a problem with Netflix and to wait a couple of weeks. Surprise, surprise nothing appeared so I rang again to be told I needed to contact Netflix as it was a problem their end and they shouldn't be billing me still. I rang Netflix and of course they told me it was VMs fault as they haven't received any instruction to bill them for my service i.e. it hasn't been activated through VM.

I've rang customer services again and eventually the agent admitted they haven't been given any information and don't know what's going on or how to resolve the problem (e.g. no URLs/screenshots available to them to explain to customers where to go). They offered no real solution (look in the app, look on the website, look on your VM box, cancel your subscription...) and eventually when I asked for a complaint to be raised, they hung up on me.

As it stands I'm being double-charged for Netflix and don't want to cancel my subscription as I have no faith a link will magically appear. I've usually had an OK experience with VM support in the past but this is beyond incompetent.

gillhoose
On our wavelength

My link magically appeared yesterday. But I now am worried incase I get billed 

Do please feel free to come back to us if you need any further assistance on this matter @gillhoose.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Jonnieboyrevel
On our wavelength

Just a quick update from me. The activation button appeared on my account and looks as though it has done what it's supposed to do.

I did then get the email the day after but my Netflix account is definitely showing Virgin as my payment method.

Fingers crossed its starting to get sorted for everyone now! 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your update Jonnieboyrevel, 

So glad to hear this is now working for you 🙂

Please keep us posted on when your next bill is generated.

Zoie

gillhoose
On our wavelength

Zoie I’ve actually put the wrong Netflix account in. How can I get around that. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Gillhoose, 

Thanks for getting back, I am sorry that you added the wrong details, can you give me more info on what happened?

Just as I don't have Netflix attached to my account so need a full picture and I will do my best to help you on this 😄

Zoie