Menu
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How to Upgrade

I wish to upgrade to a bigger Broadband / Television / Phone bundle but when I click on "Upgrades & Offers", there are none.

"My Upgrades & offers

Click on the tabs below to view your upgrades and offers" - there are no tabs?

My agreement started on 3rd Nov 2018 and says 12 months so I assume that contract has now ended but I can't see how to upgrade.

I would like to take advantage of the Black Friday offers

Any help please, I would like to get this done in time for Christmas.?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to Upgrade

Hi Bengie

Thanks for posting.  I'm sorry you're having issues getting the package you're looking for. Have you contacted our Customer Relations team?  They're available on 0345 454 1111 or 150 from any Virgin Media phone service, options 1, 4 and then 5.  They will be able to do a full review of your account and find the best deal for you as a valued loyal customer. 

I hope this helps you.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I used the chat which of course put me in some call center on Mars or somewhere but was then passed over to a UK call center.

We agreed a price and were on the verge of signing up to the big oomph (or whatever it's called) but I was told I needed to update my mobile details with the mobile team.

I explained that I had never had a Virgin mobile but she insisted that I had to bring update my details with the mobile team and gave me a phone number to ring.  I rang that and waited 20mins on hold and then put the phone down, I have better things to do with my life than listen to distorted rubbish music for hour upon end.

I went back to the op on chat and told her what I had done but she still insisted that I had to 'update' my mobile details.  I asked what details need updating as I have had the same name and date of birth since I was born and I've been at this address for more than 40 years, before Virgin was even invented.

She said she couldn't proceed without the update so I told her to scrub around all of it.

My main want is the tv upgrade as the package we have now is rubbish and nothing more than you get on Freeview.  Shame on that, but I will be looking around at other companies that offer television and broadband packages to see what they offer and with a view to moving away from Virgin.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bengie,

Thank you for letting us know that you've spoken to a couple of agents. We'd be more than happy to look into this for you to see what can/needs to be done.

I'll send you a private message now to clear account security and discuss your options. Please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Never did get a private email.
Doesn't matter, with my m350 only giving me 6mb download I think I've had enough of Virgin.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Very sorry about the complications Bengie.

If you're still up for letting us take a look into this for you, I'll pop you over another private message now in hopes it reaches you safely. 

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos