cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Log A Complaint re a Broadband Installation Next Door

CC18
Tuning in

Can someone please advise me on how to log a complaint regarding a broadband installation being done next door when I am not a Virgin Media broadband customer?

I have phoned VM on several occasions and tried using the chat service, but each agent says there is no procedure to log a complaint if I am not a customer.

The issue is regarding trespass and damage to my garden by men saying they were working on a VM broadband installation for next door.

Has anyone been in this situation, and how did they log a complaint to Virgin Media?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Think you will need the VM forum team to help you here. They should be able to contact the area manager to relay your concerns and deal with the issue locally for you. Some of those doing the installation may be sub-contractors and not VM staff if you happen to have noted any other company names from the vehicles of those doing the work and causing you a problem.

One of the VM forum team should reply here in a day or two.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Think you will need the VM forum team to help you here. They should be able to contact the area manager to relay your concerns and deal with the issue locally for you. Some of those doing the installation may be sub-contractors and not VM staff if you happen to have noted any other company names from the vehicles of those doing the work and causing you a problem.

One of the VM forum team should reply here in a day or two.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi CC18,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear of the situation. 

So I can help with this I'll need a few details from you, I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex
Thank you for your swift reply. I have replied to your private message with the answers to your questions.
Many thanks.

Hi Alex

Have you logged the complaint regarding the trespass on my property and the digging up of my garden and plants, and can you please let me know the complaint number and the timescale for Virgin Media to investigate and resolve the complaint?

As I stated in my original posting, I have made several complaints on the telephone, including separate calls on three consecutive days, and each time the agent could not log a complaint but undertook to email the Area Field Manager to call me, with a response time of 48 hours. I also had a chat session on another day, in which the agent took the details and said the complaint would be passed to the Fields Complaints team, but again could not give a complaint number.

The 48 hour response time has passed for all four of the above calls without any contact from the Area Field Manager or the Fields Complaints team.

Thank you.

Hi Alex,

I made the above posting not realising that you had replied by message on 08/11/21.

Thank you for logging the complaint for the team to contact me asap.

Thanks again!

You're very welcome CC18

The relevant team/agent will be in touch.  

Regards

Lee_R

I can now report that after chasing the Complaints team on this issue for over three months to no avail, I contacted the Executive Team, and they arranged for the area field manager to visit the same day to discuss the matter, and they then called me back the following day and resolved the complaint.

Many thanks to goslow for the original advice, and to Alex_RM for raising the complaint for me.

Thank you for the update @CC18.

We are glad to see a resolution was provided. We further apologise for the long experience you had with this.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs