cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many phone calls does it usually take to register 30 days notice of leaving?

paulcarter55
On our wavelength

How many phone calls does it usually take to register 30 days notice of leaving?

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

About 30 days' worth.

If you value your sanity and your time post your cancellation by recorded delivery specifying disconnection date as per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @paulcarter55 

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear you're struggling to have your disconnection processed - our customer relations team on 150 or 0345 454 1111 should be able to process this for you. Alternatively this can be done via the option provided above by @Anonymous

It'll be a real shame to see you leave us

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Called 150 from my Virgin phone. Ten minutes later was speaking to rep who eventually transferred me to the cancellations dept. They tried to sell me a cheaper package but eventually gave up and said they were going to process my 30 days notice but suddenly transferred me to the fault dept. The guy there said he was going to transfer me back but just gave me a "dead" line. First 30 minutes wasted.

Second call went similarly but the "the system went down" so I have to call again tomorrow.

I'll try @Cardiffman281's suggestion. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

You may want to let Ofcom know all about your experience too

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/complaints/complain-about-phones-or-internet-services

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @paulcarter55 

Thanks for your response and sorry to hear about the mishap with the call.

The team will process the disconnection for you if you use the postal option, again a real shame to see you leave us.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs