cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to answer a call

jones_r
Tuning in

Good evening everyone . Been on hold so long waiting to get through on virgin. On hold for 40 mins phone battery died. Now on 3rd attempt customer service is non existence anyone have a direct number to customer service where I can cancel my service now

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nugat
On our wavelength

I just tried calling to make a change to my package, went through all of the rigmarole of entering account number, area code, pass code, then going through the menu choices, only then to be told by an automated voice that they're too busy to answer, try again tomorrow, and then the call gets cut off........ I'm sorry but that's pretty poor service.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

nugat
On our wavelength

I just tried calling to make a change to my package, went through all of the rigmarole of entering account number, area code, pass code, then going through the menu choices, only then to be told by an automated voice that they're too busy to answer, try again tomorrow, and then the call gets cut off........ I'm sorry but that's pretty poor service.

As no one is replying from virgin just kept on eternal hold ... coming on for 2 hours now. Just thought I’d mention to anyone out there ... how fantastic sky deals are on Black Friday compared with virgin ...I’m paying £125 pounds and my call being held on hold... Switch to sky same service tv sport cinema broadband and phone £68.50

davewillo
On our wavelength

It's impossible to get through and when you do, nothing gets done  I've been charged for the activation fee, despite being told it would be waived. I've got through twice to people who said they would sort it and it is still on my bill. 

Really regret moving to Virgin.

I’m going to admit defeat

impossible to speak to person after 7th call tonight.

Bizarre fact for the night i’ts quicker to Cook a roast than get anywhere with virgin. Literally.

davewillo
On our wavelength

I rang at 07:58 this morning and got straight through. Maybe give them an early call in the morning.

Nikkijperry
Joining in

IS anyone having problems and no access to TV or internet for the last three days?

i have only just joined and very disappointed. We have been on hold for two calls for over an hour each time costing us money!!!

having no tv and internet with kids considering how much we pay each month is ridiculous. 

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jones_r,

Thanks for posting, sorry for the call hold times. We are busier than normal but do endeavour to answer asap. Have you managed to get through since posting?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

nugat
On our wavelength

I did actually manage to get through this evening in ~10 minutes, so not so bad.

Hopefully jones_r did too 🙂

thelion
Dialled in

You might find that you're on hold longer because of the amount of people phoning Virgin Media to cancel i'm now considering canceling after nearly 30 years with Virgin and previous cable companies