cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we register Lasting power of attorney

Irish_Steve
On our wavelength

My brother and I have recently had to start acting for our parents (elderly, 91 and 96) in accordance with the Lasting power of attorney that has been processed by them, as there are increasing health issues that are making it hard for them to deal with suppliers. They have VM Broadband, phone and TV services active.

One of the biggest problems is that they are both profoundly deaf, and unable to function properly on phone calls, especially where automated call direction services are used to route calls. To make matters worse, my step father is now terminally ill, and no longer able to deal with computer issues, so he's not collecting mail from his mail address, so even supplier messages are not being dealt with in a timely manner.

I have set up a divert of his mail so that we are aware of what is happening, but that does not resolve how we ensure that if one or other of us call you, we do not fall foul of your GDPR and security protection systems.

We have all the account details, including password information, but I need to know what the process is for registering our names as authorised contacts for the account, and to make it harder, I am resident in Ireland, so sending relevant letters etc is more complex at the moment, and I do not have contact numbers for the UK company that can be dialled from Ireland, things like 150 will not work internationally.

Advice and assistance appreciate please, before we run into problems that cause trouble.

Thanks

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Steve,

The link to POA is on the following page accessibilityandextrasupport 

"

If you need to tell us that you have given power of attorney to a friend or family member, or if you are the friend or family member of someone who has been given power of attorney, you can let us know by sending the confirmation or certified copy of the confirmation to us detailing the specifics of the change.

The address to write to is;

Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

We recommend that you send us these documents to us using a recorded delivery. We will return the documents to you once we have received them and we’ll send a confirmation letter to you within 48 hours, though it may take a few days to arrive."

To dial a number in England you need the +44 international code. The VM number is  0345 454 1111

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Steve,

The link to POA is on the following page accessibilityandextrasupport 

"

If you need to tell us that you have given power of attorney to a friend or family member, or if you are the friend or family member of someone who has been given power of attorney, you can let us know by sending the confirmation or certified copy of the confirmation to us detailing the specifics of the change.

The address to write to is;

Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

We recommend that you send us these documents to us using a recorded delivery. We will return the documents to you once we have received them and we’ll send a confirmation letter to you within 48 hours, though it may take a few days to arrive."

To dial a number in England you need the +44 international code. The VM number is  0345 454 1111

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Irish_Steve

Thanks for reporting this on here. 

Very sorry to hear you're experiencing some issues, I can appreciate this isn't ideal especially as our parents are so precious. 

I will private message you some details that you can do to get this sorted for you. 

Thanks, 

Sasha 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks Sasha, I have forwarded this thread and your  PM to my brother, as he has the relevant paperwork in his possession, so will have to forward or post the bits you need,

Cheers, Irish_Steve