cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do customers contact Virgin Media? online chat not working

Maccaman
Tuning in

I've been trying to contact Virgin Media for about 3 weeks now. The online chat button does not work! I have tried on two home computers, my work computer and three different mobile devices. I've been on hold for about 3 hours total now.

Has anyone else been able to contact them via online chat? This is ridiculous! 

Can anyone recommend another provider that you can actually talk to?

Thank you.

23 REPLIES 23

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Maccaman 

Unfortunately he phone lines and other contact methods are extremely busy at present..

Phone calls take priority over other methods of communication and are still the quickest way to contact VM.

You should try calling 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 but best to call at 8am when lines first open and are least busy to avoid call queues

If you explain what the problem/issue is then the Forum Team may be able to help although they can't process regrades or cancellations 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Maccaman,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry for any issue you've had with contacting the team. 

What is it you need to speak with the team regarding?

^Martin

Hi Martin,

I want to upgrade the fibre speed and my current contract is due to expire, so it's actually extra business, but I'm now considering moving supplier.

I work during the week, so don't get a chance to call at any other time.

Thank you.

Thank you for that information Maccaman.

Have you checked out your online account for any offers available?

^Martin

Martin, that's the root of my frustration. I go to the upgrade section in "My Virgin Media" and it takes me to this page below, and the chat button has never worked, so I'm assuming your system is totally overloaded, and you don't have enough staff. Truly frustrating and annoying that you can't get hold of a company that you pay about £100 a month to.

frustr.JPG

Thank you for that information. I can certainly appreciate your frustration with that. To confirm, have you been able to try different web browsers?

^Martin

Did you ever get this sorted? I can't click on the chat button neither. Not on mobile, desktop with 3 different browsers!

I'm guessing you may be on the Oomph package like me which seem impossible to manage online. I just want a broadband upgrade also.

Hi Gregmoseley, 

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with upgrading your broadband. When you're in a bundle, changing any service within that bundle can cause you to lose any bundle discounts so due to this, you'd need to speak to the team. 

They can look at options outside of the bundle deal for you. Give them a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 for them to discuss this with you. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

hemanthaka
Tuning in

Chat button is a fraud. Here is the code behind the button. No wonder it does nothing. Really frustrating. 

hemanthaka_0-1691778889397.png