Menu
lwiles
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How do I switch package when out of contract?

My contract has expired and while I've retained the Standard Bundle up until now, I'd like to remove the TV and Phone option, keeping only the Broadband. I also want to opt for a speed increase to M200. 

No-one will answer me on the 150 phone number.

Please can anyone advise how to switch my package?

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I switch package when out of contract?

Hi Iwiles,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling to reach us over the phone. Sadly we are unable to help with package change requests from here, but if you pop us a text on 0753 305 1809 our team will be more than happy to help you further with any package changes you wish to make.

Let us know how you get on and if you need anything else.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
lwiles
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Beth -

I'll give that a try.

0 Kudos
lwiles
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I had a conversation with Madesh last night who promised to resolve the issue, but was only able to offer a bigger bundle rather than what I was asking for.

He advised that I would need the help of the Retentions Team and that they would contact me at 8am this morning. So far I've had no response.

How long should I expect to wait for them to make contact please?

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying, lwiles,

If you have not received a callback, we can only advise reaching out to the Retentions team again at 0345 454 1111 or 150 from a Virgin landline. For retentions, it's options: Four and Four again.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
lwiles
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey - this is turning into a bit of a problem.

I think I need to make it clear that I've tried all the options so far suggested to me and none have solved my request.

1.The text messaging service has now twice offered me upgrades that cost more than I'm currently spending, and is unable to fulfil my original request to cancel my Phone and TV services, while reatining my Broadband.

2.The Retentions Team don't respond.

3.The Customer Relations Team don't respond either.

4. The number you suggested to call hangs up because it says it is too busy. I've called it repeatedly - it is always too busy.

Can you suggest a solution that actually works or is the best solution to raise it with Ofcom ?

0 Kudos
1979Damian
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Realistically your only other option is to follow the formal complaints process which you'll find here - https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/consumer-complaint-resolution-code-of-practice

VM come under CISAS in terms of 3rd party resolution, so if an issue gets to CISAS then whatever they rule is binding going forward and VM HAVE to comply with the ruling.  I suspect in cases where VM are just being incompetent or wilfully obstructive, they won't allow things to get to where CISAS have to rule against them.  Unfortunately they seem to assume that most customers/complainants will not follow the process through to completion so they can carry on treating their customers with contempt.

0 Kudos
bikerz
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

use text service - i wanted, just like you, take off tv/phone, was given few offers on current package, i was insisting on reducing services and been told in the end, that they can't do it and i need retentions team. i've asked to be transferred and they did, another long wait for respond, but retention team did reply in the end and resolved my issues

0 Kudos
lwiles
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this.

A quick question - is the text number for the Retentions Team the same one I've been using - 0753 3051809 ?

0 Kudos