cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I leave virgin media or get a better deal

Plod111
Joining in

I want to leave VM or get a better deal without leaving and waiting 90 days to become a new customer

i have gone round and round on chat and what’s app. As soon as you say you want leave everything stops and you wait hours and still do not get anywhere. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to go retentions armed with some well researched facts & figures from alternative providers for your combination of services. With those prices in-hand, choose a price you're willing to pay VM.

If they offer that price, accept it immediately. If they won't, be prepared to give cancellation notice and order an install from your new provider. You can't negotiate a new package via this forum.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to go retentions armed with some well researched facts & figures from alternative providers for your combination of services. With those prices in-hand, choose a price you're willing to pay VM.

If they offer that price, accept it immediately. If they won't, be prepared to give cancellation notice and order an install from your new provider. You can't negotiate a new package via this forum.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Or alternatively, order the best deal from a different ISP, and cancel VM by recorded post (address at section N of the T&Cs).  Whilst not guaranteed, chances are you'll be subject to multiple outbound retention calls during your 30 day notice period, and this callers will (certainly as the end date approaches) be willing to give you new customer pricing.  On my last day I had five such calls (but still told them no).

Obviously if the calls aren't made because VM are too busy with cancellations, or your marketing communications permission in My Virgin Media is off, or if you're not around to take the call, or can't agree a deal then you end up with your new ISP.  If VM contact you and you agree a deal, then you cancel your new ISP before it goes live under your cooling off rights.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Plod111 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience when attempting to contact our customer relations team.  And sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing you.  I would like help you raise complaint. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Keenzo
Up to speed

Between 8am - 9am dial 150 from your home phone, select options 1,1,1,4 + 4 for thinking of leaving us. answer your security and you should get straight through to someone who will help you. if your not happy tell them you need time to think about it or you need to speak to your other half or you have to go out anything at all that gets you off the phone, then try again for someone else.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

We're here @Plod111 if you wish us to look into this for you.  

I've sent you a private message.

Regards

Lee

Hi

I am unable to see all of your personal msg on my phone nor reply to it. 
I am getting a large purple banner / menu at the bottom of the msg which is obscuring your msg. I am not able to remove that banner so unable to read all of the msg nor reply. 

I get the impression leaving East Berlin was easier than leaving Virgin Media....

Thanks for getting back to us @Plod111 

I can see that you've now been able to respond privately.  I will respond to that message.

Regards

Lee

Waste of time that was …….