Menu
Radfordae
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How do I leave Virgin Media if nobody answers the phone?

I have been without internet since Friday 29 June and it is not expected to be active again until the 11th July.  I am still being charged for the service.  Due to this and the sharp price increases I have decided to leave Virgin Media.  I called the Retention Team this evening and have currently been on hold for just over 40 minutes - at my expense!  How do I leave this company when (a) they do not provide the service being paid for and (b) do not answer the phone?  Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I leave Virgin Media if nobody answers the phone?

Regarding point A it should be easy to get a credit for the downtime if the issue is VMs fault (IE you haven’t cut through a wire yourself while gardening etc). The forum team hopefully will be able to assist in that regard.

regsrding point B, have you tried calling today at a different time? You can also cancel by postal letter if interested.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Radfordae, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

Whenever there is a fault, once things are resolved a credit is given so you won't be paying for the service when you're not receiving it. 

If you're finding the package to expensive then a review of the package could help. 

Speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they can get this all sorted for you. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Who what when where why?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos