cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know that Virgin are carrying out my written instruction to cancel my account?

dog-man
On our wavelength

I have sent a recorded delivery letter to the Sunderland address advising that I wish to cancel my contract due to the forthcoming price increase.

How do I know that they are actually carrying out my instructions?

What is the procedure?

Do they confirm that they are in the process of cancelling my account or do they just do it?

10 REPLIES 10

dog-man
On our wavelength

I sent the recorded delivery letter for tw reasons.

1) I have read some awful horror stories about people trying to cancel their contracts with Virgin. So I wanted definite proof that I advised them to cancel my account should things go wrong.

3) I am hard of hearing and can struggle with telephone conversations.

dog-man
On our wavelength
Two reasons. Why is there no option to edit a post?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @dog-man 

You have 30 minutes in which you can edit a post by clicking on the Post Options drop down and selecting Edit at the top of the list.

edit.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

dog-man
On our wavelength

I did look in that drop down menu for an option to edit, but didn't see one.

Could be my fault due to cataracts.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @dog-man 

It's not your fault. It's very difficult to see it  due to the pink colouring of the highlighted section

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dog-man wrote:

I have sent a recorded delivery letter to the Sunderland address advising that I wish to cancel my contract due to the forthcoming price increase.

How do I know that they are actually carrying out my instructions?

What is the procedure?

Do they confirm that they are in the process of cancelling my account or do they just do it?

An advantage of cancelling via a Record Delivery letter is not having to worry about those issues after Royal Mail confirm delivery; date of delivery is when 30 days notice period starts. If you still have concerns post back here and wait for the forum team to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

dog-man
On our wavelength

I now have proof that the cancellation letter was delivered, but how do I know Virgin are acting on it?

Will they now make contact with me?

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is no excuse / reason  why they would not be acting on it. For a definitive answer wait for the forum team to respond.

Hi dog-man,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear you have some concerns regarding the cancellation of your account. We don't usually process cancellations/disconnections from here, but given what you've mentioned in your posts on here, we are keen to help and ensure that your request is processed.

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take some more details and look into this for you.

Please find my message over at the purple envelope

Beth