cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How did asia mela channels get added to my tv package

kerryburnetty
Tuning in

I got an email thanking me for changes to package resulting in £18 extra charges to bill. I haven't asked for changes. Looked on myVirgin and it said Asia Mela channels added.

Phoned helpline and they said they were added 'automatically' yesterday, not by phone or online, implying I must have requested them via my tv. I did not nor would I. I am not asian and never heard of these channels.

They have removed them and assured me there will be no charges but couldn't answer how this happened and weren't interested in my concern.

Can these channels get added by accident? Yesterday I only watched netflix. My very elderly father watches TV downstairs on main 360 box. Could he have pressed something? He can barely work the remote to get bbc or watch something on catch up. 

What could have happened please?

4 REPLIES 4

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi kerryburnetty

Thanks for your post 

I must admit its a strange one that I would like to take a look at 

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello kerryburnetty

Thanks for those details 

I have had a look and the order for the Asia Mela channels was made from the box 

I guess your Father must have got confused and pressed a few extra buttons on the Remote control 

I'm glad you have removed these now and no money has been charged 

Should this happen again you can change the pin number to protect any orders 

Press Home on the remote.
Select Help & Settings.
Select Parental Controls then enter your current PIN.
Select Change PIN and follow the on screen instructions.  

Gareth_L                      

Thank you.

He might have sat on it!

kerryburnetty

Should he sit on it again please let us know 

Take care 

Gareth_L