cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you raise the cost without my consent?

Dr_Kwon
Joining in

Sorry for posting this comment. I couldn’t find any place to discuss this problem. 

I received email that Virgin media will raise the cost £3.x from this March. 

This is a contraction. 
How do they break the contract without my consent? 

9 REPLIES 9

carl_pearce
Community elder

@Dr_Kwon wrote:

Sorry for posting this comment. I couldn’t find any place to discuss this problem. 

I received email that Virgin media will raise the cost £3.x from this March. 

This is a contraction. 
How do they break the contract without my consent? 

You did consent when accepting the terms and conditions:

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

Changes to prices, terms and conditions and the services we provide to you – See Sections K and N

- We may increase our charges under this agreement at any time. We may also change these terms and conditions and the services that we have agreed to provide to you.

- If we do any of these things and the changes are likely to materially disadvantage you, we will notify you of this and, unless the changes relate only to an optional additional service, you can cancel this agreement by giving us 30 days’ notice in accordance with Section N, and you will not need to pay an early disconnect fee.

- If we do any of these things to an optional additional service, and the changes are likely to materially disadvantage you, we will notify you of this and you can cancel the affected optional additional service by giving us 30 days’ notice in accordance with Section N.

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

You did agree to it. 
You’re also free to leave penalty free if you don’t agree. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

You agree only to disagree...
---------------------------------------------------------------

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Dr_Kwon

While we know a price change is never welcome, with rising costs and customers using their services more than ever, need to continue investing to improve performance & reliability for everyone. We’re continuing to upgrade and improve our services to give our customers more. ^GT
It is as already advised in our Terms and Conditions 
Gareth_

"We’re continuing to upgrade and improve our services to give our customers more. "

In my case I've had no change or improvement to my services for about five years, so I'm left wondering more of what? 

Hi Gareth.

Do you think the increase in cost may lead to Virgin finally being able to follow point W3 of the T&Cs? You still don't adhere to 

"We’ll try to contact you by your preferred method first. If this is by telephone,
please let us know the best numbers to reach you on. If we miss you, we’ll
drop you a text with our telephone number so you can ring us back when
you’re free during our opening hours.
If we can’t reach you to let you know about our proposed resolution, we’ll
email you instead, or if we haven’t been able to clear Data Protection we’ll
write to your home address. Your case will remain open for 28 days so you’ll
have enough time to review and consider our proposal. If you’re happy with
the resolution, please let us know so we can close your case down. "

I have never even been asked my preferred contact method by a customer service agent, or contacted following a complaint. Any news if this is going to change or are you going to keep picking and choosing with parts of the T&Cs to follow?

Hi @unhappyconsumer,

Welcome back to our Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the recent price rise changes. I'm sorry to hear that this has been your experience when it comes to our complaint process.

This is definitely not the service we aim to provide. Can you tell us more about what issues you've been experiencing so we can help going forward?

What can we do to assist?

Keep us updated please.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The answer to your query is contained within the post you responded to - I think I was already quite clear.

Thank you for your response @unhappyconsumer,

Our team aims to do our best regarding handling complaints. We usually contact via email with the resolution of an update. If you wish to find out more about our complaints system, you can find out more here https://virg.in/comcop.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs