cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I speak to a UK call centre?

gruff999
Joining in

I have been overcharged £10 for four months for no reason and the original people I talked to said that I would be reimbursed but I have had nothing. Original calls were to a foreign call centre on very poor connections. I need to speak to someone UK based.

130 REPLIES 130

PLANIT
On our wavelength

@Neil2080 wrote:

in my experience it is always better speaking with UK rep. had so many false promises, stupid suggestions, blatant lies over the same problem over a 2 month period all from the Indian call centre. in the end i threatened to not renew my contract im May unless i spoke to a uk rep. spoke to a guy from scotland on Monday who sent an engineer wednesday who contacted networks who confirmed it was a utilazation issue and a ticket was raised to sort it. this i knew but instead of the people in India admitting this or sending an engineer they came up with every lie / excuse in the book!

Oh how I feel your pain! The offshore call centres are dire. It amazes me that VM persist with them as the service they provide is abysmal. I seriously doubt they manage to resolve anything and are a compete and utter waste of time and money. However given that VM must know this then it says an awful lot about the contempt they have for their customers. They just don't give a damn. Which is something I will remember when it comes to renewing my contract. Or not.

I feel your pain, I've just spent the weekend phoning Virgin 5 times for the same problem, going through the same checks each time, jumping through the same hoops just for the same problem to recurr 20/30 minutes later.  The 4th person I spoke to - Sunari - spoke so fast in an accent which I found difficult to understand, not listening to anything I was trying to tell her, speaking over me all the time ! So infuriating.  Eventually on the 5th call we have agreed that a technician needs to visit and hopefully he/she will on Wednesday! Rant over!!!

And VM's response to the known problems with offshore call centres?

They are planning to shut down one of their major centres still in the UK at Swansea. Possibly 800 jobs lost. 

Customer service plays second fiddle to profits.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!

This thread has been useful.

I got an email (which went into spam and only just found) about a month ago to say they were putting up my loyalty tariff from £4 to £6 which is 33%. My contract still had 2 months to go and I know mid contract they can only put it up by inflation.

Got through to India, they insisted the minimum tariff was £6, even though mine is £4 and my fathers is £5. My mum actually has a tariff called Basic Zero, she pays nothing each month, gets free landline, free virgin calls, free texts - no data. No idea how she got on that tariff.

Anyway, pointed out that this was illegal as I was still in contract. Still insisted it was correct. Asked to talk to a supervisor, he refused but went off to talk to one himself.

After waiting for a while he finally came back and said they could do nothing about the rise in price but would give me a credit on the bill equal to the extra £2 per month I would be charged, minus the 13p they were allowed to up my contract by.

Really not happy but as I was struggling to hear what he said I accepted. Surely I could have them for breach of contract ?

When my contract is up I will try the UK call centre trick to get a better deal or I will be moving to smartie as I don't use much data and they pay you back what you don't use.

I would rather stay with virgin as we have 9 contracts in total with them throughout the family and 2 broadband deals. I have been with them for both mobile and broadband since they were NTL.

I have tried the UK call centre trick at least 6 times now and keep getting India! Is there anyone left in the UK call centre to speak to..I have been overcharged and need a refund on my account. 

Have been with Virgin for a number of years and am getting tired of their incredibly poor customer services and sneaky price rises

How can I get through to someone in the UK?

Hi MrsBSaver, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've been overcharged. 

There is no trick to getting through to a UK centre. Our call system is designed so you go to the next available agent no matter who they are or where they are based. 

All agents are trained the same way so just call the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. Who ever answers will be able to check your billing to ensure it's correct 🙂

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

av-115
Problem sorter

@Kath_F wrote:

There is no trick to getting through to a UK centre. Our call system is designed so you go to the next available agent no matter who they are or where they are based.

Wrong, selecting "thinking of leaving us" during office hours will always get you through to someone in the UK. Your offshore support is generally dreadful and when discussing complex issues it is helpful for language barriers to not be an issue. There is also an embedded culture of lying to customers at Virgin Media and I have found this to be more evident among offshore staff, but by no means exclusive to them.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited

Neil2080
On our wavelength

Totally correct, the off shore people lie, don't listen and frustrate.....for me they are the worse think about virgin media and if I had another fibre broadband option they would probably be enough to make me change providers. Virgin media really need to stop using them!!!!!! how many times do they have to be told this though???

Either your team in India are not very bright or you have not trained them properly!
I paid a line rental saver in 2017 to cover me to 13th June 2018...I renewed this line rental saver in 2018 to start from 14th June and finish on 13th June 2019. My bill states that my 2018 line rental saver started on 31st May...and somehow it has taken the Indian call centre 45 mins just to work out that I have been charged twice for period covering 1st June to 14th June( once in 2017 and again in 2018).. it should not be that difficult and I’m still waiting for a call back from them to confirm they understand the error

@MrsBSaver wrote:
I’m still waiting for a call back from them to confirm they understand the error

I can almost guarantee that call back will not happen.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited