cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I speak to a UK call centre?

gruff999
Joining in

I have been overcharged £10 for four months for no reason and the original people I talked to said that I would be reimbursed but I have had nothing. Original calls were to a foreign call centre on very poor connections. I need to speak to someone UK based.

130 REPLIES 130

MrPee4556
Joining in

having problems speaking with someone for a few weeks now, understand that its difficult times.  Would like to change my package and downgrade some parts and upgrade others, is there another way of doing this apart from being on hold for hours?

HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Not really. Phone is best, but difficult. Reports are that it helps to phone at 8am when the lines open for the day.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

RegretVMnow2021
Settling in

I am trying to upgrade one of my phones, so I ring the 150 number and go through the options, then an Indian or Pakistani person answers. He asks me for three characters from my password and tells me that they haven't been accepted. He then asks me to answer the security questions which he says are wrong; he then tries to ask me all of them but I refuse to play ball with his phishing attempts. He then says that I have to create a new password and tell him it so he can reset my account; this I refuse to do as he would have my password and therefore complete access to my account, being able to change the password himself and then order whatever he wants leaving me to pay for it all.

Is there an actual number that will result in me speaking to someone in the UK, without using the 150 or 0345 454 1111 numbers which result in foreigners phishing for information to access my account? I've been doing this for months and getting nowhere. I wish I'd never started with Virgin Mobile.

Hi RegretVMnow2021,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble getting in touch with us.

Sadly we're not able to help with package changes from here, but if you call 789 from your mobile this will put you through to the mobile team directly.

Alex_Rm

Hello I’ve been over charged on my virgin bill. I’ve tried calling but it’s hard to understand them as I’m rerouted to another country so I’ve done online chat instead and thought it’s been rectified a couple of times, with receiving emails confirming etc but I’m still being over charged by double? I can’t afford this bill, this is not what was agreed and will affect my family this week with this extortionate bill being taken. Please help, I have the screenshots to prove the conversations I have had with customer services and the email confirmations. I’m meant to be charged £52 with £7 credit added each month making it £45 a month and was charged £101.83

Hi @JohnnyD11,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear about this problem with your billing. Have you taken a look at the bill to see what the additional disputed charge is for exactly?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach

The bill is for a complete wrong package, which included sky sports which we never asked for. And we thought it was sorted with the last live chat conversation as I had an email confirmation 

Hi Zach

The bill is for a complete wrong package, which included sky sports which we never asked for. And we thought it was sorted with the last live chat conversation as I had an email confirmation. I can forward you the bill and screenshots if that would help?

Hi @JohnnyD11,

Thank you for clarifying, it's appreciated.

If you've been placed onto the wrong package and you're looking to get this adjusted then I'm afraid you'll need to speak with our retentions team as we're unable to make package adjustments from here. Sorry.

You can contact them by calling 150 (free of charge) from a Virgin Media landline, or by calling 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.

If you don't wish to call, please head to the Contact Us page on our website which details all of our other contact information.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

The package when I log in is showing as correct now though so I’m confused how this has happened? And why I’ve been overcharged and on the bill it’s showing something completely different to when I log into my account?