cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I speak to a UK call centre?

gruff999
Joining in

I have been overcharged £10 for four months for no reason and the original people I talked to said that I would be reimbursed but I have had nothing. Original calls were to a foreign call centre on very poor connections. I need to speak to someone UK based.

130 REPLIES 130

it used to be 1 1 4 5 - its not just the thinking of leaving - some of that is offshore - the key is/was technical issues

the VM people on here are programmed to say all agents are trained to the same level and getting offshore is not an issue

you might not agree on that!

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi regentroad5,

That's odd. Have you managed to speak to the team since posting?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

As ever the worst customer service. Indian call centre either don’t or won’t deal with issues, pass onto manager or give ombudsman details. Refer a friend, get £50 each. Pay too much every month so £50 is a small amount but you still can’t get that and after 8 calls, all asking for different hoops to be jumped through. Back on hold and up to my 180th minute this week. How is this even possible.

Hi Lje, 

Welcome to our community forum page it's great to have you on board. 

I'm very sorry that you haven't received your £50.00 referral credit. 

Please can you confirm how long ago you referred your friend and if they have since had their services installed? 

Please can you also confirm that you followed the correct process: http://virg.in/raf

Regards, 

Dean C

20yearsplus
Settling in

As the name suggest I have been with telewest and then subsequently Virgin for 20 years. The actual service re TV and broadband is great when it works. When it doesn't it is hell on earth trying to get issues resolved via the overseas call centre. Just to set things in context I am :-

1. not hard of hearing

2. speak boring BBC crystal clear english

3. IT competent

4. I have not moved in 20 years

5.I have not added walls to my property in 20 years

6. I have not changed the position of my router in 20 years

7. I do not have a pond

8. all my IT kit is company approved, tested (annually) and in good working order

So why in heavens name do I have to out up with Virgin trying to sell me a booster when nothing has changed at my end, answer stupid questions re a pond, speak to overseas Virgin representatives who can barely enunciate ( I had to explain the meaning of that word to at least two Virgin representatives) in plain English.

Sadly after 20 years BT have made me a better offer which I am now considering. Common Virgin fly the flag for a British company and employ people who can speak English, do the job and look after loyal customers. If you cant then get out of the UK business please.

deva2005
On our wavelength

Whilst I fully appreciate the current coronavirus situation, it seems impossible to speak to ANYONE about a serious error on my bill which might lead to a suspension of services. 

Is there ANY way to speak to someone at the moment. 

I called to speak about my bill and got an automated response telling me the call centre is closed. ...

Hi deva2005,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry you haven't been able to speak with the team yet. 

Have you tried our SMS service via: +44753 305 1809.

^Martin

Hi @martin N, 

i have the same issue, I’ve also tried the text number on 4 different occasions and nothing. 

thanks. 

deva2005
On our wavelength

I don't have credit on my mobile to text

you would think you could text them free like you can call them free.

Just thought i would add the following on contacting the UK - which is what this thread started as.

My speed has been awful lately, and nothing has changed at my end just like the above thread - i was with NTL before Virgin took over my contract.

I rang and got through to India, i told them my problem and that i had complained several times over the last 6 weeks and the speed had not improved and therefore wished to cancel my contract as per the details on the virgin website.

To cut a very long story short, he refused to put me through to disconnections until i had paid him the remainder of my contract £161. I obviously refused and after another 20 minutes of arguing he eventually put me through.

The Scottish person tried to help sort the problem instead of talk about cancelling and eventually put me through to technical where i had to wait again for a while and start again. That Canadian(?) chap decided to send me a new hub and said i would get it next day and he would ring me the day after to check all was ok.

I did not get hub next day but the day after. The chap from technical never phoned at all and the new hub didn't work at all.

After several more phone calls a technician came out and sorted it.

But i am spitting feathers that India refused to put me through unless i paid - that must be illegal as disconnections should be charging me not India !!