cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I speak to a UK call centre?

gruff999
Joining in

I have been overcharged £10 for four months for no reason and the original people I talked to said that I would be reimbursed but I have had nothing. Original calls were to a foreign call centre on very poor connections. I need to speak to someone UK based.

130 REPLIES 130

For those who do not have VM telephone those options do not exist.

@Rillington wrote:

For those who do not have VM telephone those options do not exist.

The same options are available if calling Virgin Media via a non Virgin Media phone line. The only thing different is that you'd key in the response that indicates that the phone you are using isn't one belonging to Virgin Media and your account.

snapshot001.jpg

I'm impressed that some Customers managed to speak to someone in UK because for the last 2 years, whatever the dial extensions, all I ever get is VM India. 

I spoke to a representative located in the UK this very morning so it is possible to do so.

Just a thought that only VM can answer. The first thing you have to do is enter your telephone number,  to enable VM bring up Customer records. Has VM a system that, depending on location, Customers are directed Overseas or to UK Call Centre?

So I was wrong - it is NOT resolved. The bill that month was for £32 which was £5 over what it should be. Natalie put a £30 credit on the account because we had been overcharged a few months, so only £2 came out the bank in July.

I have just had an email to say our account is OVERDUE because we did not pay last month. The amount that will be taken out is £37. It says the service is £42 which is worse than before Natalie started on this. It says it is £30 overdue even though it shows the £30 credit that Natalie put on.

What the *bleep* is going on !!!!!

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi cassie175, 

Thank you for getting back in touch. 

I am very sorry to hear this problem has occurred again.

I have received your private message and will respond to you directly from there.

Thank you 

Nat

Has any one been able to get through to someone in the UK recently? 

I have tried all the options mentioned previously over the last few days at different times of the day, but none of them seem to work any more - each time I get put through to someone overseas (it looks like some of the menu options have also changed).

Any help with this would be appreciated.

@fed_up2019 wrote:

I have tried all the options mentioned previously over the last few days at different times of the day, but none of them seem to work any more - each time I get put through to someone overseas (it looks like some of the menu options have also changed).

Yes, I called Virgin Media twice this week in relation to some billing issues and in order to renegotiate my contract in response to the recent price increase announcement. This was on Monday during business hours and got to speak with a UK representative on both occasions.

@dante01 wrote:

@fed_up2019 wrote:

Yes, I called Virgin Media twice this week in relation to some billing issues and in order to renegotiate my contract in response to the recent price increase announcement. This was on Monday during business hours and got to speak with a UK representative on both occasions.

Was this by choosing the "thinking of leaving us" options or did you do anything different?