cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I speak to a UK call centre?

gruff999
Joining in

I have been overcharged £10 for four months for no reason and the original people I talked to said that I would be reimbursed but I have had nothing. Original calls were to a foreign call centre on very poor connections. I need to speak to someone UK based.

130 REPLIES 130

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Sanity55 wrote:

I saw my bill jump up from £138 to £165 with no notice, called the call centre and spent an hour talking to Marie (Phillipine lady) who said it was all sorted and I would go back to the original billing. Utter piffle, bill is still the same and in fact is the same price as the highest "oomph" package there is.

20 years plus with Virgin, really need to get this sorted, poor hearing so has to be a UK agent.

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Gr8m8again
On our wavelength

Sorry Tony (Moderator) but from many calls experience that's not how VM now operate. Can't remember last time spoke to UK personnel. It's all overseas. Would very much like to know how many UK call staff there are & what they do, because from my experience it's not speaking to UK Customers. 

Sorry called them but nothing linked to "thinking of leaving us", On hold hoping for an accent I understand

@Gr8m8again wrote:

Sorry Tony (Moderator) but from many calls experience that's not how VM now operate. Can't remember last time spoke to UK personnel. It's all overseas. Would very much like to know how many UK call staff there are & what they do, because from my experience it's not speaking to UK Customers. 

first i am not a mod just a user like you - i hate to disagree but i do - retentions or parts of it are UK based - the method i gave is not garanteed to get you to a UK agent but as if the lines are busy they route overseas but its the route that CAN get you to the UK people - options 1 - 4 - 5 i think have the same route - calling 150 or the other number and just following thinking of leaving will take you offshore

as to your other questions - i have no idea - i know of sites in manchester - nottingham - scotland - the north east - sheffield? - there may well be others

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Gr8m8again
On our wavelength

Thanks Tony. Let's put it down to experience. I must have been unlucky on the occasions I phoned in last 12 months following the (once) tried and tested route. In my experience, yes UK did exclusively deal with tech matters but now even tech stuff is handled by India. 

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @Sanity55

Cheers for joining our community forums and for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you've had some issues with your billing and also when you called us to discuss it. 

In regard to your bill, have you compared your higher bill to your previous lower bill to check for any changes? Has a discount period come to an end? 

Any discount periods are listed on each bill with an end date and will also show on your contract. 

All our agents are fully trained in the same way with the same systems regardless of what centre you get through to. We operate a virtual call centre and as such, your call will be answered by the first available agent regardless of location.

Unfortunately, our Tech Support will not be able to assist you with a billing query so we would request that if you do call us to select the correct option for why you are calling to avoid any delay and unnecessary transfers. 

Pop back with any updates and if you need any further assistance we can help 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Katie,

It was a package that I've had for 3? years, this was explained to me, pity no email or letter to warn me. Still I was promised that it had been taken care of (it wasn't). Even called me back on my 02 mobile to confirm. I now pay £165 which is huge but I think a parting of the ways is imminent.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Sanity55, 

Thank you for your reply. 

I see from your post yesterday that you were on hold to an adviser to discuss your package. 

Was the adviser able to clarify if it was a discount coming to an end that caused the price to jump up as much as it did?

Unfortunately, we are no longer able to access the offers available from our retention's team so if you were unable to discuss a new offer on your call, we would recommend speaking to them directly. 

You can do this by dialing 0345 454 1111 / 150 and then selecting option 1 and then.

Please let us know how you get on. 

Thanks 

Nat

After 35 minutes on hold I hung up.

David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We'd like to take a look at your account and check what's been happening with your bill.

We'll send you a private message in a moment to get some account details from you.

Thank you. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help