cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I speak to a UK call centre?

gruff999
Joining in

I have been overcharged £10 for four months for no reason and the original people I talked to said that I would be reimbursed but I have had nothing. Original calls were to a foreign call centre on very poor connections. I need to speak to someone UK based.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Shelke
Alessandro Volta

All the calls to 150 or 0345 454 1111 are to what is essentially a mixed offering. Depending upon when you call in and which option, it's staff differently. Some options are part UK, some part offshore and so on.

The only 100% UK support option is Option 4 -> Option 5 from the main menu, which is staffed 8AM to 10PM M-Su.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

130 REPLIES 130

Shelke
Alessandro Volta

All the calls to 150 or 0345 454 1111 are to what is essentially a mixed offering. Depending upon when you call in and which option, it's staff differently. Some options are part UK, some part offshore and so on.

The only 100% UK support option is Option 4 -> Option 5 from the main menu, which is staffed 8AM to 10PM M-Su.

Thanks a lot. Got through to a helpful Scottish fella and he has credited my account for the correct funds. Just need to check the DD at the end of the month to ensure it's taken correctly. Thanks again.

Shelke
Alessandro Volta

No problem, glad to hear that you got the matter sorted Cat Happy

Hello Shelke, I am also trying to speak to someone in the UK, but when I dial 150 I have only 2 options: 1. TV etc. 2. Mobile , I do not have an option 4, please advise, thankyou.

Shelke
Alessandro Volta

@ardnas wrote:

Hello Shelke, I am also trying to speak to someone in the UK, but when I dial 150 I have only 2 options: 1. TV etc. 2. Mobile , I do not have an option 4, please advise, thankyou.

Hi @ardnas

Once you've rung 150, select Option 1. You'll then have to confirm your identity as the account holder via phone number details or account number+area ref details. Choose your preferred route to verify your identity. Once done that it will give you the main menu options. Of which Option 4 is one of those.

Thank you, I will give that a try.

Gr8m8again
On our wavelength

Found your reply and sorted. Many thanks. Yesterday had gone through Philippines & India but was met with 1. Poor line to Philly and 2. a "this is it" in India. Both good people but lacked Customer Focus. Exact opposite in UK. Was able to discuss options and arrive at a satisfactory solution, outcome is we're staying with VM. Happy Customers. When will VM learn that cost savings to them doesn't always result in satisfied Customers.

My experience varies with this. Sometimes when discussing a more complex issue, speaking to someone in the UK with an accent that is easily understood on a good quality line is what's required.

Other times, I'll ring customer services about something and they'll give me a thousand reasons why they can't do what I would like them to do. Then I'll ring sales or faults which are both part-offshore, get put through to India and they'll just get on with it.

What I'm trying to say is UK call centres = better/more helpful isn't true in 100% of cases.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited

Neil2080
On our wavelength

in my experience it is always better speaking with UK rep. had so many false promises, stupid suggestions, blatant lies over the same problem over a 2 month period all from the Indian call centre. in the end i threatened to not renew my contract im May unless i spoke to a uk rep. spoke to a guy from scotland on Monday who sent an engineer wednesday who contacted networks who confirmed it was a utilazation issue and a ticket was raised to sort it. this i knew but instead of the people in India admitting this or sending an engineer they came up with every lie / excuse in the book!