cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I send an email address to CANCEL VM ?

gary_cardiff
Tuning in

I have been a VM customer since the Cabeltel days and have simply had enough of internmittent, over priced services and shocking support.

So I canceled my service on 7 Feb after about 90 minutes of waiting on the phone, and was told that I would get an email to confirm this - from Lenard - that was how he spelled it.

The email has not arrived and the internet service is now unusable. When I do manage to get some service, the VM site just shows that help is unavailable and I have wasted anouther hour waiting on the phone, simply to try to get confirmation that my account will be close 30 days from 7 Feb 2022.  The phone support is unusable.  The live bot chat is unusable unless you use WhatsApp which I don't.

Does anyone have a contact email that they could share so that I can email my question (via my non VM mobile phone)?

The cancellation system at VM is a joke.  I don't see why I should have to send a letter to an address to cancel my service from a communications company.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi gary_cardiff, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are unable to get back in touch with us. I will send you a private message to check things over for you. Please look out for the purple envelope. ^Chris

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

22 REPLIES 22

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

there is no email addy and afaik they dont send any confirmation that you have cancelled - again afaik if its gone through it shows as a new order on your account - they seem to want to make it as difficult as possible and mostly ignore anything in the conversation and upsell you more services rather than let you cancel

if it was offshore anything is possible

try this and only speak to a UK agent

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

theres a freephone number 0800 052 0422. You need option 4 to speak to retentions

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi Tony, thanks.

I have tried all 3 of those numbers and cannot find a Retentions option.

I get a message to say that I have previously phoned about a broadband problem, that their engineers are working incredibly hard, etc., but no option for retentions.  Trying multiple other options just results in getting the extremely busy message.

Abij87
Tuning in

There customer service online is a joke at the minute I've been trying to reduce my package, and I've given up call as always on hold for 90mims plus then get cut off, tried online on message us service and get palmed off with please use what's app,( I don't have this nor am I getting it,) I hope you get it sorted and can get in touch with someone, if I don't get sorted I'll be leaving aswell, 

All the best sorting it 👍🙏🙂

@gary_cardiff wrote:

Hi Tony, thanks.

I have tried all 3 of those numbers and cannot find a Retentions option.

I get a message to say that I have previously phoned about a broadband problem, that their engineers are working incredibly hard, etc., but no option for retentions.  Trying multiple other options just results in getting the extremely busy message.

its usually 1 - 1 -4 or something like that - its not retentions but thinking of leaving

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Believe me, I have searched and searched though the phone options and have done it regularly for over 20 years.  The phone options do change over time but I can usually find my way to a human to speak to.  I can't even check my bill online to find my account number, because that part of the VM system is not working today

That's why I just want an email address to send them an email.

@gary_cardiff wrote:

Believe me, I have searched and searched though the phone options and have done it regularly for over 20 years.  The phone options do change over time but I can usually find my way to a human to speak to.  I can't even check my bill online to find my account number, because that part of the VM system is not working today

That's why I just want an email address to send them an email.

then unfortunately you will have a long wait as there is not one

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks Tony.  I appreciate your help.

Seems very odd that a communications company would choose not to have a contact email for customers.

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi gary_cardiff, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are unable to get back in touch with us. I will send you a private message to check things over for you. Please look out for the purple envelope. ^Chris

All sorted now.  Chris_W1 very kindly confirmed via PM what I needed to know about my cancelation.

Looks like there is no way to contact VM using email.