cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get Virgin Media to stop sales calls?

RCash
Tuning in

I've already set my preferences to do not contact but still get unsolicited "offer" calls from Virgin. When I complained they shouldn't be ringing they said they're in. a different department so it doesn't apply to them (????).

How do I get Virgin to stop wasting my time with sales calls?

Also if you moved some of the team over from making unnecessary calls you may be able to improve the 1 hour wait on your help line......

6 REPLIES 6

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI Rcash, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. I am sorry to hear that you are still getting such calls, can you confirm if this is still the case? When were the preferences updated? Chris 

I had my last sales call come through last Tuesday (16th Feb) and had changed my contact preferences at end of January. What makes it more frustrating is your sales team won't be frank about the reason for the call:

"Is this a sales call?"

"We're calling to improve your service"

"I'm at work and don't have time for a sales call, is this a sales call?"

"We'd like to offer you upgrades to your account"

etc......

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It usually takes 28 days to complete the changes to preferences

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the reply and we are glad to hear that these have now ceased, please let us know if you get anymore and we will look into this further for you. Chris

I've not confirmed that the calls have ceased, you've just not ring me since the 16th, given you were ringing every other week up to then there's a good chance I'll get another call but we'll see.....

Hi RCash, thanks for the reply. We are glad that this has now ceased and should be the end of them, please let us know if anything changes and have a good day. Chris.