cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation/Package Downgrade options

CH1
On our wavelength

My TV/Phone/Broadband  package is going up £5.75 per month from next month and it's now reached the stage where it's getting too expensive. However, I've just realised that I should have contacted VM last week to change or cancel my contract before the price rises.

Is it still worth contacting VM to change cancel my package or is it now too late and I'll incur cancellation costs?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @CH1 

If you are still in contract then since you've missed the deadline date in your email then there would be additional early disconnection fees which are capped at £240

/early-disconnection-fees 

However, it's still possible to contact VM and negotiate a new deal.

The best route is to call 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1,4 and 4 (thinking of leaving) but it's best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

This should put you through to Retentions (thinking of leaving) however your call may be picked up first by a front line agent. If this happens be firm and say you want transferring to Retentions.

Retentions (thinking of leaving us) are generally based in the UK and do far more than cancellations.

They also have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents should you wish to negotiate a new deal rather than just cancel. 

If you can't come to a satisfactory new price then they can cancel your contract.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @CH1 

If you are still in contract then since you've missed the deadline date in your email then there would be additional early disconnection fees which are capped at £240

/early-disconnection-fees 

However, it's still possible to contact VM and negotiate a new deal.

The best route is to call 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1,4 and 4 (thinking of leaving) but it's best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

This should put you through to Retentions (thinking of leaving) however your call may be picked up first by a front line agent. If this happens be firm and say you want transferring to Retentions.

Retentions (thinking of leaving us) are generally based in the UK and do far more than cancellations.

They also have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents should you wish to negotiate a new deal rather than just cancel. 

If you can't come to a satisfactory new price then they can cancel your contract.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

CH1
On our wavelength

Thank you for your reply.

I was able to speak with a very helpful and efficient member of the Retentions Team first thing this morning and they have been able to sort this out for me with a new 18 month contract. With everything else going on I'm very pleased to have this sorted!

Kind Regards,

Chris

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @CH1 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with the pending price increase and have missed the window of opportunity to cancel without penalty.  Have you double checked the date on your communication?  If so, are you definitely out of the 30 days from that date?  

Regards

Lee_R

CH1
On our wavelength

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

Thankfully this has now been sorted out - as per my post above - and I'm very happy with the outcome.

Kind Regards,

Chris

That's great @CH1

If you have not received any notifications or confirmations, we'd be  happy to take a look from here.  For your reassurance. 

Regards

Lee_R

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Chris,

Thanks for the update. It's good to see you've managed to negotiate a new deal that you're happy with.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

CH1
On our wavelength

Cheers. I've just got the confirmation email through re my new package info so it's all confirmed now.

Many thanks.

Chris

That's great @CH1 

Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R