Menu
shelli
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How are you supposed to get through to Virgin Media Retentions??

I have been trying for over 3 weeks to get through to the Virgin Media Retentions department! 99% of the time I get an automated message saying there is no one available and the call hangs up. A couple of times I've been put in a queue for over 20 mins before, again I get hung up on.

There is apparently no longer any email option. I have tried the web chat and have been told that it is impossible for someone from that department to speak to me via this method but they will 'get someone to call me back' - 3 times no one has bothered!!

I am reaching the end of my tether with this. I have been with Virgin for about 15 years and was willing to give them a chance to try and keep me, but if I don't get something within the next few days then am just going to write to them with my notice and that's it.

Very disappointing how poor the service has gotten.

Jblaney2
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: How are you supposed to get through to Virgin Media Retentions??

I’m having the same problems - thought it was bad luck on my part - sadly just bad customer service from Virgin!

Oli1
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

In June I called Virgin to cancel my TV package, because I only watch the free channels anyway (BBC 1 and 2) and occasionally a PL match. I paid 69.99 £ for that a 100 MB internet line. The service person convinced me to go for another package, which includes a 200 MB internet package, the same TV channels and a phone landline for 52 £ a month. I signed the contract and in "MY Virgin" the contract kicked in 9th July. Fine, and I planned to stay with Virgin at least for another year. Today, when I checked my invoice, it still say 69.99 £. I called Virgin, but the message was, that the new contract was cancelled. I said that it was incorrect and asked the lady to go to my site and see the evidence. Then she told me, that it was cancelled because Virgin had not sent a technician to my house. I informed that it was agreed with one of their operators, that it was not necessary to send a technician, because everything works as it should . Fine the operator said and added, thereby you save a lot of money as well.Today the lady said that she would see, if the new contract could be reinstated, but I had to wait on the phone fro her message. After having waited for 31 minutes I hung up. So if Virgin doesn't get their acts together and corrects their mistake with the invoicing, next instance is the Police to report theft, then the Ombudsman and I have walked away from Virgin for good. 

Virgin treats our contracts as toilet paper and customers as **bleep**. This is not my first experience with them, and I have heard a lot of similar stories about them.

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not to defend Virgin's shocking and inexcusable customer service, but you're not seriously going to ring the police?

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
zvonok
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

THEFT???

Theft is the intentional  removal of something that is not yours (and you have no legal right to) AND you have no intention of returning!!!

Give VM a chance to reply and state their case THEN:

a) Accept their solution/ offer

OR

b) Consult a legal advisor  (\you have a signed contract?)

OR 

c) Contact Ombudsman

If you live in the UK and think the Police will entertain your non-sensical THEFT claim … Then it is the ONLY area of the UK that has too many Police and no \criminal activity!!!! 

… ZvnK ...

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Send them my way if you have too many Police! Thrown out 15 shoplifters tonight so far since 3pm! 3 hours to go woop woop!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Maybe the shop lifters are getting away with it cus all the police are wasting time on people paying bills.

They are not stelling. They send you a bill. you pay the bill.

0 Kudos