cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home move complaint

orichardson90
Tuning in

Hello, 

I hope you can please finally help me and just put this stress out of my life. 

We processed a moved home on the 9th February 2021 (after taking out our initial contract on the 19th August 2020)

We were told that as we could take our services with us there would be no change and that we could just plug in our equipment at the new property and it would all work properly on the move date - unfortunately this did not happen. 

I had to ring and spend a long time on the phone, the agent managed to get the broadband working after several hours, but then explained that she would get the TV working in the next 24-48 hours - again this did not happen. I put in a complaint and never heard back. 

I rang back on the 25th of February to try and get it resolved, I was transferred to the PQ team the agent said that they had processed the home move wrong and that the only way to resolve it was to take out a new contract which I completely refused and then had some family problems with the pandemic so did not have the mental capacity to get back in touch with Virgin Media. 

I noticed then that we had not been billed for 6 months and were then billed a massive £335.35, which was more than what our cost should have been. I rang up to complain about this as the amount should have been £294. I rang up to make another complaint where the agent advised me that I will receive a manager call back to refund me the difference and also refund me the difference for my TV services as these are still not working. I didn't receive a manager call back 3 times about this despite ringing up multiple times. 

Due to spending a total of approx. 20 hours on the phone to Virgin Media I didn't have the energy to deal with this anymore I decided to just wait until the contract was within 30 days of ending to give my notice. 

I rang on the 18th January 2022 to give my notice and was told that I had been set up on a new contract as this was what happened with home moves, even though this is against the terms and conditions of the contract and I had told them previously that I did not want a new contract when I had spoken to them previously and now my contract runs until August 2022 instead of February 2022. I raised a complaint which was actually processed this time and was promised a call back within 72 hours - again this did not happen.

I have just been on the phone again to the customer retention team on the 02nd Feb 2022 and he said there was nothing he could do. 

All I want resolving is compensation for the time spent, and for the TV services we have not received and for my actual contract to be honoured. 

Please can someone help me with this. 

4 REPLIES 4

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good evening @orichardson90

Welcome to the forums & thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had this experience, this is far below the level of service that we aim to provide. 

Please can you advise if you got a refund for the extra amount paid? Do you know if this was added as a credit to the account? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

No we never got a refund and were promised manager call backs 3 times and they never did 

Again as mentioned in my complaint I just want the compensation/refund and for my initial contract to be honoured so I can cancel it now 

Thanks for your response @orichardson90, I can get this looked into further for you but would need to send over a private message, so that we can confirm a few details, pass account security and once this is done we can get the refund investigated.

Please look out for my private message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L