cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi need help to cancel broadband

CRAIGMCLEAN39
Joining in

Hi my financial circumstances have changed and I am disabled I have been paying £138 a month for Virgin tv and broadband. I tried to cancel it all and they cancelled the tv part but offered me broadband on its own for £57 a month not including  a landline I said that I thought it was a bit much but the women on the line kept saying that she couldn’t hear me properly and she would put it through. I kept saying I didn’t want it but she kept saying she couldn’t hear me because the line was bad. I tried to phone back but they kept me waiting on the phone for hours and I sent an email and they said they could not cancel it because it would not be official and had to keep phoning the same number. I still can’t get through and they refuse to answer I am within the time period for free cancellation but they will not answer and I am afraid I will be in debt for cancellation charges that I cannot afford. . 

7 REPLIES 7

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

You need to phone or send a letter per the terms of your contract 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Yeah the phone number they won’t answer think they have a system of blacklisting the details of people they would rather not speak to. No doubt the letter will go missing in the post as well. 

@CRAIGMCLEAN39 wrote:

Yeah the phone number they won’t answer think they have a system of blacklisting the details of people they would rather not speak to. No doubt the letter will go missing in the post as well. 

There’s no blacklisting going on… and they certainly won’t fly as and excuse 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Well I’d like to hope you are right. But as past experiences have taught me we live in a world that that iis motivated by greed is and not very kind and understanding to honest and good customers. 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi CRAIGMCLEAN39, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Unfortunately we don't review/cancel packages on the forums. For you to do this you would need to call: 0345 454 1111, we also have a text service which you can complete this on and the text number to this is 0753 305 1809. Alternatively you are able to send confirmation in writing to: Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4A. 

We don't have a blacklist for any of our customers I can assure you that's not the case. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

machineghost
Rising star

What speed broadband is that?

greenfordraj
On our wavelength

Please get a good night's sleep.

Call them 8.00am and tell them you are calling to close the account. They will ask why and tell them it's too expensive and other companies are offering a better deal.

Companies are offering good deals to "new" customers - retention team will now offer you a better deal.

Virgin - new customers deal for 100MB is £24 per month