cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help

Twinkle1984
Just joined

Ok so basically I’ve moved out of my ex girlfriends house and moved back to my parents. I don’t want anymore to do with the ex, so I know if I end the contract I get hit with fees and stuff but I don’t mind paying for my service even if I’m not using it so my question is

Can I disconnect the service without ending the contract or can I move the services to another address can’t move it to my parents as they have virgin already.

2 REPLIES 2

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you don’t mind paying for the service and not using it, surely it is worth cancelling the contract and paying the cancellation fee which has a £240 maximum?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Twinkle1984, thanks for your post here in the community.

Unfortunately, disconnecting the services is a contract termination so the two go hand-in-hand here, it's not possible to disconnect without ending the contract.

If you want to ask for a name change on the account though, and potentially a change of address too then this is something the team can look into for you on 150 / 0345 454 1111.

As @Ernie_C has mentioned, the maximum you'd ever pay is £240 to terminate the contract, so if that's something that works for you then it may be worth exploring this too.

I hope this helps and please let us know if you need any further support.

Many thanks

Tom_W