cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with contract.

bryan8
On our wavelength

Can somebody please help, 

I spoke with an agent yesterday,after a 30 min wait on hold,and came to a agreement that she would email the offer agreed,and phone me today between 12.30 and 1pm to confirm.

I have not received any email or call back,I can't face wasting my lunch time again on hold,I've been a loyal customer for 18 years +,and have had to resort to asking for help on a message board.

What options are  available?or do I just leave when my 30 days notice have run out?

16 REPLIES 16

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you accept the new package deal you were offered?

If yes - then that's emailed out as a PDF attachment as a matter of course, once the new contract is activated. You can also view the contract by logging into your myVM online account.

If no - then consider the offer as lost and you'll need to callback and renegotiate. Package offers from VM retentions are very often "of the moment" and not something you can "think about" Martin Lewis style.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

bryan8
On our wavelength

Honestly, I've been with them for 18 years and have never had this type of experience.

The rep then just blatantly lied to me!

Could some one from virgin media pick this up?

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Staff here can't change packages for you, or negotiate deals.  As @japitts has advised, if you were offered and verbally accepted a deal, that's binding and there will be call recordings confirming that.  If you were offered something and wanted to see it and think about it, then the deal has now vanished.  In that case, agreement to send you the details for review was indeed a lie, and you can complain about that, but complaining won't bring back the deal you thought was going to be offered.  It's a poor customer experience, but is it worth complaining about?

You'll have to start again with retentions by phone or Whatsapp.  Whatsapp may be a more appropriate channel as that's not real time and you do get the chance to think about an offered deal, but some other customers report Whatsapp contract negotiation as slow and disjointed.

bryan8
On our wavelength

And it's was her that suggested that she would  call me back at the arranged time.

How do I contact them through what's app?

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

You can text VM on 0753 305 1809 or get the WhatsApp number by logging into your online account via a mobile handset and there should be a link to speak to VM by WhatsApp.  Neither service offers instant replies, so any negotiation can take days. 

As an aside, it's laughable that you need to login via a mobile device to get the Whatsapp number - why can't these idiots just publish it?  Why can't they be like other companies and have all aspects of account management through an easy to use customer web interface?  Why can't they have helpful, well trained, UK based competent staff answer their phones?  My car insurer (Privilege) offers full online management, and excellent UK based contact centres, every dealing I've ever had with them has left me thinking how friendly, helpful and competent their staff were.  And that's for a contract that's a third the value of the amount I spend with VM.  If they can do it, why not VM?   

I suspect none of this is the sort of customer experience you want, but if you renew your contract with VM then you're telling them that this level of service is absolutely OK with you.  My heart sinks any time I have to contact the company, it is without doubt the worst customer experience I've ever encountered, and things don't improve if you try and complain.  In this day and age there's no excuse for customers not being able to change package (including renegotiating and cancelling) online, but VM's poor quality management are unfortunately only able to comprehend a world of low pay contact centres with crudely bolted on chat and Whatsapp capability, and the appalling unhelpful website makes things worse not better.  Day after day we read posts here about VM's poor service, about the difficulty of quickly speaking to anybody able and willing to understand and resolve simple requests or problems.  As I've written here before, the company's strapline ought to be "Virgin Media, where customer service comes to die".

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @bryan8

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry for the confusion here but the system check done reports not a new deal agreed but the opposite. If you do wish to look at a new deal and we do hope you stay, please give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and we can assist further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

bryan8
On our wavelength

Just rang again 48 mins on hold,spoke to a rep called CeCe,fir all of 2mins then cut off!

Is there no one that monitors these forums that can arrange a phone call back?

bryan8
On our wavelength

Hi John GS,

The deal was offered,but not accepted,as I needed to discuss with my wife,hence the arranged call back for 23/6/22,as she suggested.

I am sorry for that. We're not able to arrange or make calls from here.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill