Menu
zbatavia1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Help needed - Hitting a brick wall

All

I hope you are well.

I was an existing VM customer for 9 years but cancelled my services following a house move and no services available

In summary, I live in a new build house and moved in two months ago - all good. I was advised by VM that services are not available for my house due to the new build nature - accepted. 

I was astounded to see my direct next door neighbour have a Virgin Media van outside his house three weeks ago, I spoke to the engineer and he indeed confirmed he was installing the internet at the house - 300mb service and suggested that VM have a refer a friend scheme. 

Following my neighbour filling in their form I was contacted by sales to see if I would be interested in joining VM - which I agreed. They couldn't process the order as my house number was not "showing on the system" but ironically neither was my next door neighbours house who now has a fully installed system and has done for about three weeks.

The sales team suggested an engineer should visit my property to see what services are available and he promptly arrived 24 hours later carried out some tests and expressed that 100% my house is available for services and should I wish I could easily get 300mb internet. He even laughed in cheek and said our system will probably suggest you are not in an internet enabled area so he fired an email over to the appropriate department asking for my house to be added.

I've spoken to sales every day since then (I've called them!) and get the same update that they are still awaiting head office to add my house to the system, they have no idea what to do as they are hitting a brick wall and they have even tried to escalate the case but still no luck.

The ironic thing is since then another neighbour to the left of me has just ordered virgin media and there house is neither 'showing on the system' neither is the neighbour to the right of me who has had services installed for weeks now..

I would appreciate some help on this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help needed - Hitting a brick wall

It can take mods around a week to get round to you.  This thread may give some idea of what you need to do: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/New-build-virgin-on-site-but-no-service/td-p/35...

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
0 Kudos
zbatavia1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that - much appreciated. Another day has passed and another day of shocking customer service - almost to the point of rudeness. I'll patiently now await for a mod to hopefully help and assist this query further, been "promised" a call back for 2 days now and each time I call I get given a silly excuse on why nobody can help, absolutely shocking

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi zbatavia1, 

Thanks for your posts and apologies to hear you're still unable to get Virgin Media. 

Checking for an update I can see the last one we gave you ourselves was regarding the cabinet your street was due to be connected up to wasn't built yet. 

This work was due to go ahead in January. Once it's connected and switched on there is a lot of back end work needed for us to join things up. It's possible your immediate neighbour is connected to another cabinet instead? 

Your best bet is leaving the Sales Team be as there isn't anything they can do. Speak to the new Home Builds Team instead on 0800 073 7100. 

Come back and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos