cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help in closing account

romainuk
Tuning in

Hi, 

I have been paying bills for an cable account at my old place in London for a year but I have recently moved abroad and no longer live in that apartment that i was renting.

The bills were all paid on time and I was happy with the service.

However, I have recently changed house and cannot close my account with Virgin Media because I do not remember any details of my VM account. 

I have tried to call 10 times customer service, but I can never pass the security questions to cancel my account. 

I have proofs of my account being debited for the service and the original email that details the order reference of the service i had asked for. However no one on the phone wants to believe i am the owner of the account and i simply cannot cancel the account. This is starting to get ridiculous as i have to go out of my way to stop paying you for something that i dont even use any more. 

Can you help please ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi

No I have still not been able to solve my issue.

Is there another alternative for passing security ?

Your customer service I asking for an account number which I do not have access to.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi romainuk,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Many apologies for the issues faced with this, to process any cancellation we would be required to clear security on the account.

Have you been able to clear it?

Regards,

Kain

Hi

No I have still not been able to solve my issue.

Is there another alternative for passing security ?

Your customer service I asking for an account number which I do not have access to.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @romainuk 

Can you still log into your online account?

https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media 

if so,  log in and click on Account Settings >  Account Details > scroll down to Telephone Security Details  (memorable word) > and then click on Edit

Once you've done that then you can use that to pass valdiation and place your disconnection request. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey

i do not remember the email address used for the account and I don’t have the account number.

the only code I have access to is the order reference I used to buy my package.

I have a M350 Fibre Broadband

Hi @romainuk thanks for your reply here.

It might be difficult to help here if you do not know the email address on the account, to change the memorable word.

I know that we can send the memorable word to the account address, but I know that this also won't help given your circumstances.

I will try to clear security with you over the Forums however. Kindly expect a PM from me to arrive shortly, and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W