Menu
VikkiW
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Help, delayed install means no broadband

So, we were due to have Virgin installed today but when the engineer turned up they said that the road would need digging up and they would come back on 9th August. But the problem is that as part of the transfer of services Virgin cancelled our BT Broadband with effect from today. BT say that Virgin need to call them as they managed the cancellation but even if they did nothing could be done as it’s too late. We’ve phoned Virgin customer services twice now and been cut off both times!!! Help! Wishing we hadn’t transferred the service now as can’t even speak to anyone to resolve.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help, delayed install means no broadband

Hi Vikkiw,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear this.

Are you bringing your number over to virgin media?

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
VikkiW
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We didn’t need to bring out number over. Finally got through to someone (third time lucky) and they couldn’t help with the issue so we’ve had to cancel our Virgin order and go back on a new contract with BT otherwise we would of been without broadband for at least 11 days and we need it for work.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am really sorry to hear this, I totally understand you need a working service. I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
VikkiW
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

And now Virgin haven’t even cancelled the order properly so we’re stuck in limbo as until they do we can’t start out service back up with BT. I feel an Ofcom complaint coming on. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We are sorry to hear of this situation and apologise for the ongoing inconvenience caused by this.

What have our team advised as the next steps moving forward VikkiW?

Full details of our complaints process are available here if you'd like to take a look. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos