Menu
nishr
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Having a Nightmare trying to Reactivate a frozen Broadband Account

Hi,

I wonder if a VM Team member can assist me.

My family and I had to vacate our property in July 2018 due to water damage.

We have a phone (Line rental Saver 12 months from Feb 2018 onwards) and Broadband package

Our temporary accommodation was in a Non-VM area therefore we 'froze' our VM account

I was paying about £22 / mth for Broadband and had 7 months of line rental remaining.

Our house has now been restored and we moved back last week.

I called VM to unfreeze the account 2 weeks ago prior to the move to ensure service continuity and was I told that my account / contract was activated and to pick up where left off. 'Just reconnect the router sir!'

Sadly not:

2 weeks, about 8 calls to VM, 1 faulty power supply, 1 new router delivered to the wrong address, 1 replacement router, 2 engineer visits and this evening an epic 2 hour 5 x call handler (Philippines, India, Wales, back to Philippines and call dropped) later to cut a long story short, still no broadband!

Both engineers that visited have declared the router and connection functioning normally. The call centre in India wants to send a 3rd engineer out (thanks Sumit for the unprofessional fob-off, for the 35 minute hold and dumping me on to Retentions without any information by the way)

I was told my account needed reactivating, the final call handler was 'Home Move' Team, a nice lady in the Philippines who was trying to sell me an expensive new 12 month contract, she didn't have access to my previous bills or line rental saver information, then eventually the call somehow disconnected.

I can't bear the thought of another series of calls and going through the ranks and various call handlers in different departments who do not handover. I lost count of the number of times I requested to speak to senior team member but no joy.

Please could one of the VM team help me out here, I just need my broadband restored at the price I froze last July and my remaining 7 months of line rental saver.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Having a Nightmare trying to Reactivate a frozen Broadband Account

Hi nishr,

Thank you for posting, I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've had in restoring your account. I've had a quick look at your services and we should be able to get this sorted without a problem. However, we will need to liaise with our dedicated home move team in order to ensure everything is completed correctly.

We will be able to discuss this further on Monday, when we can also confirm what resolution we are able to offer. Would you be ok to bear with us until then?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
nishr
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply Rachel

I have spoken with the Home Move Team this morning and they have quoted 48 hours for service activation.

Please can you ensure billing is correct, I have had some serious issues with overbilling in the past.

Should I expect a call from you on Monday?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi nishr,

I'm glad you've managed to speak with our dedicated team today to work towards a resolution. I'm confident they'll complete the necessary processes to have you back up and running as arranged, but we can certainly keep an eye on the account for you here.

As we are a digital team, we would not offer any callbacks but would continue to handle this case via this platform if your issues continue beyond the 48 hours advised. If sensitive information or account details need to be discussed, we could send you a private message for this purpose.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any further concerns or queries, we'll do our best to address them as swiftly and efficiently as possible 🙂

Thanks,

Rachael

nishr
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachel

I am sorry to say that my service has not been reactivated after waiting 48 hours.

I contacted the Home Move team again today and was advised by 2 call handlers that they needed to complete a form and send it to another team and reactivation will take another 48 hours!

I was then passed back to a UK call centre to upgrade my package and take on a new contact - its not fair to start upselling a customer when they have no service. I have told the team various times I wish to resume my old contract and I do not want another contract (particularly after this experience).

Please please can you look into this for me and tell me when our broadband service will be restored?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nishr,

Thank you for reaching out to us in the community.

Sorry to hear that your account hasn't been reconnected yet.

I would like to invite you into a private chat so I can have a look into this for you.

I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos