Menu
trevmac
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Haven't received refer a friend discount

Haven't received refer a friend discount,phoned help line but that was as much use as talking to a brick wall and could not understand what he was saying,he could not find my account either,,is this just a con to get business?as if i would join without a discount.and as soon as my deal runs out so will i be out.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Haven't received refer a friend discount

Hi trevmac,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've not received your refer a friend credit Smiley Sad 
There is a specific process in place for referring customers. The existing account holder needs to pop in their friend's details via this page here: Refer A Friend
This then generates an email to both the existing and new customer confirming the referral. The Friend then needs to join via that email. Unless this is followed, no link is made between the 2 accounts. 
Have you still got the email showing the referral? If not check with the person who referred you. If they have this we can look into this further for you.
I have sent you a private message with some information on where to go from here. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi trevmac,

It's just a post to say we've not forgotten about you. 

If you still need some assistance, come back to me by replying to the Private message I sent previously. 

If things are resolved then no further action is needed. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
trevmac
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

managed to get hold of someone but they say i should have recived an email about it,the only email i recived was a bill and it states the discount has been added so i sent the email to virgin but not heard anything so sent another still not heard from them,a company like this ignoring someone's email is not a company i will ever trust and if i recommend a friend it will be dont join as they are only interested in your money. glad when my contract ends in a few months so i will find a company who look after there customers.not virgin.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry trevmac, email isn't a contact method we use or monitor. Have you been able to view your bills online here virg.in/ebillinghow to see if the credit was applied as advised?

Rob

0 Kudos