Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Has anyone else had their account updated and extended without their consent?

I received an unsolicited call from a Virgin Media sales rep a few weeks ago. He started to tell me about possible upgrades I could do as my contract will expire in November. I didn't understand everything he was saying because he had a strong accent. I asked him a specific question about whether a channel was included in the package he was talking about and he couldn't answer the question. So I ended the call and thought that was the end of it.

A day or two later I got an auto generated email saying my account had been upgraded and extended to a new 18 month contract. I did not ask for this and in no way consented to this. It seems that Virgin's sales reps are way too eager and probably work on commission. The sales rep knowingly changed my account to get the sale even though I had given no consent or authority for him to do this. The facts will be obvious if anyone cares to listen to the log of the call. I have heard similar stories from friends and relatives of the way Virgin seem to cheat people like this.

I have complained online through a form on the website but have had no reply after more than 3 weeks. If you can't get through to someone to complain what can I do? What course for redress do I have? What is the best way to complain, without having to hang on on a telephone call for hours?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Has anyone else had their account updated and extended without their consent?

you also need to cancel the upgrade in the 14day cooling off period otherwise you'll be stuck in the 18 month contract

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos