cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone actually received the refer a friend reward?

RHG
Joining in

I referred a friend back in March 2022. Received an email from their partner (Aklamio) straight away saying your £50 reward is on it's way and will take up to 9 weeks. It is now August and the reward has still not been received by either of us, and still says pending in both our accounts.

We have both been in touch with Virgin, and were told to contact Aklamio, who have told us to contact Virgin. We're both being fobbed off back and forth between the 2 companies and still no sign of the reward being paid out.

At one point Virgin even told me over the phone they have verified the reward so I just need to contact Aklamio to tell them how I would like to be paid, Aklamio told me this is not the case and I need to contact Virgin again. I went through Virgin's complaint procedure and have been told there is no record of a referral, to which I sent evidence and then they responded saying contact Aklamio.

5 months later and they have us both going circles and getting nowhere.

8 REPLIES 8

PF2022
Joining in

Have you had any success? I'm in the same situation and it's never-ending. Extremely disappointing.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @RHG,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're waiting on your refer-a-friend incentive and apologies for our delayed response here too. If you still need further assistance with this, can you please confirm how you went about referring your friend to us?

Along with this, do you know when your friend that you referred to us had their services installed?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

@PF2022

Yeah eventually we have both now received it. Last correspondence I had with the complaints dept they asked me to forward the confirmation email that I received from them in March, after telling me over and over I didn't do a referral. Once I sent them the confirmation they went silent for over a week then I got an email from Aklamio on Friday confirming it has been validated. Provided my bank details for transfer and it came through today (Monday).

I'm not sure if it was the 1 star trust pilot review, someone from this community team, or someone from the complaints team that eventually took an actual look at my account to get it resolved.

I would recommend persisting with the complaints: [MOD EDIT: Non-advertised contact channel removed] - they'll try to deter you to call them but definitely keep it in writing. 

Hi RHG, 

Thanks for coming back to us via the Community to confirm that all is resolved now. 

Whilst we do reply to reviews via Trust Pilot, we have no way of connecting them to your account. 

As much as we'd also like to take the credit, when referring a friend through Aklamio, it's only them who can get things sorted for you. It's likely just a coincidence that it's been sorted a little time after posting here. 

Either way, we're happy you've received your referral reward. 

Let us know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @PF2022

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch. It's great having you in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear you've not received your referral reward yet. It's been a while since you posted so can you pop back and let us know if you're still having this issue? 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath! I was told last week by Virgin that the credit would be added to my account within 2-3 days but I'm not sure how to check if it's actually there or not..

Hi PF2022, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. 

If they were referring to receiving the credit on your VM account then this is certainly something we can check from this end for you. In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi PF2022, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I'm really glad I was able to get things resolved for you on this occasion. 

If you have any further issues, pop back to us in the Community and we'll do what we can to help you further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team