Menu
lucyhh
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Harrassing Virgin Sales Calls

So for weeks and weeks Virgin media number 0800 152 1251 was ringing my landline number morning, afternoon and every evening.   When I answered the woman from India was saying they were ringing about my virgin box as I needed a new one.  I explained I already had a new up to date one as my previous one died. She said she would update my account accordingly.

She didn't.  More weeks and weeks of the same number ringing me.  I rang and spoke to Virgin Media again who said they had updated my details so it said I opted OUT of sales calls and that it would take a bit of time to stop the calls.

Shortly after that I then started getting daily calls from the same virgin number to my personal mobile number (NOT a virgin mobile)!

Was off work today, Virgin number rang, I answered - line silent, no-one spoke.  I hung up.  Number rang again about 15 mins later.  I answered, line silent.

I rang 150 and spoke to a Virgin services person.  Complained about the non-stop calls going on now for weeks and weeks.  He said he couldn't understand why but he had updated my account, again, to opt out of calls.  I mentioned why am I getting them on my mobile - he didn't know.  Said that would stop immediately, as well at the landline calls.

10 mins ago - ANOTHER phonecall from Virgin Media, same number.  I answered - a lady in India. She said they were ringing to advise me I needed a new virgin box - does this sound familiar!!!!!!!!  I'm afraid I was rather short with her advising I had been ASSURED my details were up to date that I had a new box, and that they shouldn't be calling me.  She then also ASSURED me (bit like the last lady weeks ago) that I wouldn't get any calls.  I asked her to confirm my mobile number she had so I knew they would remove it from the database which she said she would.  But NO - she wouldn't tell my my mobile number on MY account because of data protection!!!!!  I stated she had phoned me on my number to discuss my account - but she wouldn't tell me MY own mobile number they keep ringing!!

Absolutely ridiculous and the worst service I've had to date from Virgin, which over the years has been constantly poor!

HOW DO I GET MY NUMBERS REMOVED FROM YOUR FLIPPING MARKETING AND SALES CALLS!  Daily harrassing phonecalls every few hours on both my landline and now mobile number is not acceptable!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
chenks
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Harrassing Virgin Sales Calls

lucyhh
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the link.  Started trawling through the 8 pages of comments, what am I looking for on there that will resolve my issue please?

0 Kudos
chenks
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

the link takes you to straight to a response from viring where you can check your own marketing preferences. so you don't need to take their word for it that they updated it for you.

that thread would also be the place for you to add a "me too".

lucyhh
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My preferences are already set to No.

It is also set to NO on my mobile account preferences as well.

0 Kudos
lucyhh
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

in fact my mobile account preferences were set to NO in 2011 so I am interested to know why that's being ignored, along with the landline preferences.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi lucyhh,

Thanks for your post, I'm sorry you're still having an issue with this. I've popped you over a private message so I can take a closer look at things for you.

It'll be the little purple envelope in the top right hand corner.

Many thanks,

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
lucyhh
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
wez
Superfast
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Block the number on your mobile?

And on the home phone if you can - job done!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi lucyhh,

I'm really sorry to hear that this is ongoing. Just to clarify, a call to advise that your legacy equipment is being phased out and needs to be replaced would not be classed as a marketing call. As your services would cease to function without this upgrade, this contact is more of a courtesy call to ensure that you don't lose out on the package you are paying for.

I think I've located the reason for the continued calls, but would need to clear security with you to discuss this further. I'm going to send you a private message to complete this. Please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos