cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had a letter with offer for new contract but when I phoned they declined it

TechMad
On our wavelength

Had a letter from VM offering me a deal in 2 stages first is £57 for 18 mths second is £79 fo 18mnths the £79 after that. I phoned and said I had a letter but they just keep saying I must pay the new price of  £102.75 phoned 5 times.

15 REPLIES 15

TechMad
On our wavelength

Yes it is.

TechMad
On our wavelength

But as in the letter I would like the £57 for 18 months then £79 after that.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @TechMad 

VM have offered you a new deal @ £79 per month.

The £57 per month offer is only available to New customers only, and not an offer to yourself, as indicated in your screen shot (message 4). "We've also included the option below, which is only available to new customers, to show you the sort of introductory price you could expect if you switch to a new provider"

It's not often an existing customer can obtain a new customer pricing as they already had that when they joined VM.

You should speak to retentions (thinking of leaving) and say you aren't happy with the £79 offer, and would only consider staying with VM if they give you the new customer pricing of £57 per month. If they can't do that then either try a negotiate a price point in between, or give in your 30 days cancellation notice.

If you do place your cancellation notice then you might receive a callback from outbound retentions with another offer, although there is no guarantee of that happening. If you do decide to try that route then make sure that you have marketing turned on in My Virgin Media > Account Settings > Marketing preferences, and that your contact details are up to  date.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

TechMad
On our wavelength

So I phoned retentions again and this time after a 40 call I have secured £62 for 18 months. I'm happy.

Derek918
On our wavelength

Hi TechMad,

"So I phoned retentions again and this time after a 40 call I have secured £62 for 18 months". Does that include the upcoming April/May price increase? 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for getting back to us TechMad. 

I am happy to hear you have been able to speak to the team and secure a deal that you are happy with. 

Please do reach out if we can assist in the future. 

Thanks, 

Nat