cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HM Forces Covenant

macfifi68
Joining in

We are being posted to an area where there is no Virgin coverage, therefore we cannot take the service with us.  I rang to inform of our new address and they informed me that we would have to pay a cancellation fee due to leaving during the contract period.  When I queried about the covenant they said that because the contract was in my name and not my husband (who is the serving member) it would not be waivered.  I was under the impression from the signed document by your CEO that the covenant extended to soldiers and their families.  We have had this situation a fair few times with other providers having been a forces family for over 20 years and this is the first time that we have been asked to pay the fee.  Could you add some clarity to this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi macfifi68,

I hope this helps.

This is a link to the  Virgin_Media_Corporate_Covenant.pdf 

Under section 2.1 it states

Virgin Media recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. We will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant by,  .......

"Have created a process that will allow forces personnel to "freeze" their Virgin Media contracts (as customers) whilst on active duty for up to 8 months at a time."

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi macfifi68,

I hope this helps.

This is a link to the  Virgin_Media_Corporate_Covenant.pdf 

Under section 2.1 it states

Virgin Media recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. We will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant by,  .......

"Have created a process that will allow forces personnel to "freeze" their Virgin Media contracts (as customers) whilst on active duty for up to 8 months at a time."

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi macfifi68

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'll PM you now to assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi there

Reference our conversation in May, I just rang to cancel today and they told me I was informed wrongly about retracting the fee and state I have to pay it? Any thoughts on how I now take this further, I’ve emailed the executive team thus far. 
Thanks

Fiona 

Thanks for coming back to us @macfifi68

Sadly John's offline today so I'll seek to have this picked up for you

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn