Menu
FoulThrow
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Green street box

Hi

I have a green street box that is on the side of my house, It's not flush with the wall so there is a gap which passersby are using as a bin, I have to go out and remove the rubbish, most of the time the litter drops down the back and I have to use a stick to get the rubbish out. I saw another box in my town that had the same issue but it had a metal plate added to the top which sealed the gaps off stopping any thing getting put down the back. I want this done to the box outside my house!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green street box

Hi FoulThrow, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm not 100% certain if this is something we can do. I will of course refer this over to see. 

I will need some information from you in order to look in to this further. I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi FoulThrow, 

Thanks for your patience whilst I looked in to this for you. 

The team have come back to me now with the following:

Unfortunately as this is rubbish then the customer would need to contact the local council to have it removed.  VM only maintain the cab not removal of rubbish.  I have spoken to my line manager and they only way this could be resolved is if the homeowner would like the cab moved but they would need to cover the costs through our DIV works dept. Adding a plate is not something we do. 

I'm really sorry but there isn't anything we can do regarding this. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
FoulThrow
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

This is nonsense, If your read my first post I said that there is another virgin box in the area that has a plate on top to stop rubbish being put down the back. Why is the box not parallel with the wall anyway? My house is over 100 years old so the house was there well before the box was fitted! or is that just great workmanship from you guys?  The main issue is to stop rubbish being dumped! so your telling me I should contact the council every time it needs cleaned? the reason the rubbish is there is due to your box not being fitted properly! Please get it sorted!

0 Kudos
FoulThrow
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You seem to have not replied, why is that? just ignore people and they will go away?
I will say again, the main issue is to stop rubbish getting put down the back of YOUR box! this rubbish includes dog **bleep** bags, so it is an environmental issue. I can contact the local council to remove the rubbish however until you get the gap covered it will continue to be used, do you think this is acceeptable?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi FoulThrow, 

Thanks for coming back to me here. 

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you, I was unexpectedly off work due to being involved in a car crash so have had some time off to recover. 

We don't fit cabinets directly against properties and this is to ensure we don't cause any damage to the property when fitting the cabinet. I have questioned how a plate has been added to another cabinet and they have advised either the cabinet doesn't actually belong to VM or someone else, possibly the council, has fitted the plate there. 

They have asked if you could provide a picture of the cabinet you are comparing yours too as maybe this is something we can incorporate going forward. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
FoulThrow
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

Hope your feeling better

I will get a picture of the box when I can, it's the other side of town. If you look at the pictures of the box you will see from the angle that the bottom of the box is touching my wall, so again this points to it being poorly fitted. Surely you would know if the council had fitted a plated to one of your boxes? your team are not very good at giving clear answers on this, seems like a lot of guess work at the moment.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi FoulThrow, 

I'm much better thanks Smiley Happy

As long as it hasn't interfered with the box or caused damage then we wouldn't have any need to know as we're only responsible for maintaining the cabinet. 

I've already had the pictures of your cab checked and it is to standard so we wouldn't look at doing any work on it. 

The photo will help but this is for future cabinets and work as part of our Feedback process. You would still need to speak with your local council to remove rubbish from behind it. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
FoulThrow
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So let me get this correct, you want me to drive to the other side of town take a picture of a cabinet showing the plate on top so that it helps you for future cabinets?  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi FoulThrow, 

I did mention this in my original message: 'They have asked if you could provide a picture of the cabinet you are comparing yours too as maybe this is something we can incorporate going forward.' 

If it's inconvenient for you to do this then that's fine. The team just wanted a view as the cabinet may not actually be ours. 

Apologies but there isn't anything further we can do for you here. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos