Menu
Solojedi
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Going to lose my family and home because of VM

Sounds dramatic! How can a media company ruin your life. Surely it's all your fault for being a naughty irresponsible customer...serves you right I hear you say. I'm a middle aged man 3 kids, wife professional, and financially responsible which meant prior to this drama I had a very good credit history been with virgin media 4 years not a single issue in ref to me paying them on time. Written proof has been provided from credit ref agency. 1 problem on there side resulted in now going on 9 months issue, pain and grief because of a bill which was never owed compounded in excess of 1 years total package cost. Multiple managers  CIO office, executive office reps, have contacted with conflicting information. I've spent in excess of 100 hours trying to fix this mess obviously this means a lot to me but nothing to the person on the otherside. Claiming they understand!!! This has had immense pressure on my relationship and almost ruined a 22 year marriage after our mortgage fell through obviously me being the piggy in the middle getting it both ends while Virgin media have a giggle at my expense.

By the way they offered to remove the incorrect default in writing then changed there minds and asked for full payment to mark as settled and then to request removal of the default. I have offered to pay in full and move on but now they can't confirm this will result in the removal of the default and late payment.

Its clear Virgin media are not part of the Virgin group of companies and out to profit from unsuspecting Loyal customers.

Anyway long story short if you have had similar issues please personal message me as I will pursing this further and would like to bring these failings to the surface. Struggling but determined on my own but a common cause may help our plight for justice.

If you reach this far well done and thank you for hearing me out and please message me if you have had a similar experience.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Going to lose my family and home because of VM

Think its time for legals guy.

If you have an offer to remove the default in writing, that should be the end of the matter.

Gather your paperwork and get yourself to a solicitor.

For the record, for anyone else reading this, NEVER offer to settle a disputed debt, not even for a penny in thousands of quid. It infers liability.

You sound like you are proverbial victim of "dude trying to do the right thing" - DONT be that dude. Hard assed all the way is the ONLY way to deal with this sort of stuff. Watch "cant pay well take it away"- who are the ones that end up out on the street? Correct the ones that try to do the right thing. Meanwhile the ones that can work the system sit pretty.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

you have mosted this 6 times. No need to post multi-threads. stick to one

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Solojedi
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kippies, appreciate your advise.

I've now moved out of the family home left the wife and boys currently living at my mother's at age 45! She seems to like the company.

I guess with the free time I can focus on this issue and fight a cause most people don't have time and energy for. Companies like VM are well aware of there position and take advantage where possible. In my case its had a detrimental effect on me...no mortgage or fresh start for my family.

In the end I buckled sadly due to the pressure and paid the full amount they requested without being presented with a bill. They agreed to write me a letter confirming the late payment and default was registered in error however this needed several alterations as the wording did not confirm what they had agreed. Once a draft was agreed I made the payment they have told me again they will remove.

But like Kippies said this also means i am potentially accepting liability which could cause more issues! What a mess!

If there are other people suffering like me contact me as I am planning on taking this further and additional evidence of this practice would be helpful.

Thanks again Kippies

0 Kudos