cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going out of my mind trying to get help

CrazyDiam0nd
Joining in

I'm having a really hard time and getting no help, only rude obnoxious and condescending telephone support, who found my situation funny or have no clue what I am trying to put across.

To cut a long story short, I've been a paying customer for over 20 years, since Blueyonder and telewest.

Recently I was witness to a serious crime (attempted murder)

As a result I have been made to move home. And also been diagnosed with severe psoriatic arthritis.

I was out of contact but when I moved I phoned and explained my situation and Virgin connected me at new address that was going to be temporary. The lady was actually really helpful.

Since then I am now staying at this address.

Virgin double charged me and I called many times for an explanation.

I'm being charged too much and I never wanted a TV or Phone. I only want broadband.

I've been told it's cheaper to have the whole package than broadband only (Stupid really)

I've called and called trying to change my package and start a new contract only to be told I'm now in a contract from moving address!

I was assured I wasn't and have never agreed or signed anything!

I am struggling with cost of living and wanted to change to the Volt package with Internet and a SIM card.

I was informed in a condescending way that only new customers can get this. Us existing customers get nothing and if I want internet only then it's going to cost me another £20 a month. Or I'll have to pay to disconnect and then wait months before taking out a new contract? What!

I'm getting no help what so ever, I've recently been disabled and have gone from never even checking my spending to really having to watch every penny.

I cannot afford £45 a month for 350Mb internet! Vodafone offer 950Mb for this or 500Mb for £35 a month.

My direct debit I called to change bank and informed Virgin yet have just been charged £7.50 late payment charge because someone hasn't don't their job correctly or didn't understand a word I was saying.

Where can I escalate this? I need to take this higher up as cannot keep calling to be passed around person to person who are not understanding and some call centre in India which the line is awful.

I'm not paying for others mistakes and charged even more money when I'm trying to lower my monthly spend, not increase it.

What happened to Virgin? Used to be absolutely brilliant service.

I think I may have to contact ombudsman or someone. 

This is really bad and absolutely disgusting behaviour.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @CrazyDiam0nd thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that you've been re-contracted without your knowledge nor permission. And sorry to hear of the poor customer service experiences that you've reported and for any inconvenience or stress this may be causing you. I would like to help you raise a complaint. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @CrazyDiam0nd thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that you've been re-contracted without your knowledge nor permission. And sorry to hear of the poor customer service experiences that you've reported and for any inconvenience or stress this may be causing you. I would like to help you raise a complaint. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R