cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting transferred from department to another just to cancel my contract....... why VM make this hard?

Hiren03
On our wavelength

Hello VM Team,

Why is it that its taking me days to get to the correct department to cancel my contract, at the moment i am on whatsapp VM team and i went through security as it took 1 hour to pass the check, to only be told that i have to speak to moving team to cancel my contract...................................... why do you only tell me at the end? after spending 2 hours and get told i am at the wrong department is just sad, i already had enough on the phone, same story, get passed around the department. I wish i could just cancel by DD and move on but then you will send me threatening letters.

Why wont you let me move and cancel my contract? you are not providing service to my new area, i already checked. so why are you holding me by force?

2 REPLIES 2

Hiren03
On our wavelength

still waiting for the CS to say they cancelled my contract. i do not understand why its so difficult with VM CS to follow instructions from customers.

This is the transcript on the conversation with CS of VM Move team

Thanks for confirming!

Would this be a permanent move or are you still going back to your current address?

this is a permanent move

Will there be someone still using the services here at the current address who will take over the contract or will there be someone who will still stay here who might need a better deal? I can certainly assist you on that.

not sure but i just need to cancel so i can get a new provider in
I understand, Hiren.

I would also like to inform you of another saving you can get. Just by recommending someone to Virgin Media, you can get £50 credit on your bills. Just provide the name and contact number of a person who you think will be interested. If they sign up, you will get £50 straight to your bill.
Do you know anyone who is interested?

no
It's alright.

I have some information about an opportunity for our existing customers like yourself to earn a cash back reward for recommending any of your friends and family to Virgin Media. Its’s really easy, and for any successful referral you AND your friend will be awarded £50 each. This is £50 cash direct into your bank account. We simply send you a personalised email for you to share with your friends and family and one of our team will give them a call. Shall I send the link to your email address now?

no

No worries, we won't send the link, Hiren.

After checking your postcode Virgin Media's services are not currently available at your new address. So what I can do for you today is get your account closed.

I can see here that you're no longer under a minimum term and we normally ask our customer to give us 30 days notice prior to their cancellation date.
We can still cancel on your preferred date, though a notice fee will apply and will be added on the total amount of your final bill.

no, please cancel asap without fee being added

Just to set you proper expectations, if we are going to cancel the services on the 30th of December, fees would roughly costs you £57.46

no, thanks, i just need it to be cancelled without fees being charged.

so is this cancelled?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Hiren03,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience with our team when it came to cancelling your account with us.

We'll be sorry to see you go, but we understand that you have to make the best choice for yourself. 

I'll be more than happy to look into this further on our systems and confirm any details you need. I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details so we can help further. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs