cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting rid of landline to just Broadband and TV

jimmyslim
Tuning in

Just got a bill for £93.75 and would like to get rid of the Landline phone from my package as it's no longer used. Can anyone tell me what would the price be for just broadband and TV, can't seem to get a straight answer when ringing the call centre. CityFibre has been installed in my area and seriously thinking about swapping over to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@jimmyslim wrote:

Just got a bill for £93.75 and would like to get rid of the Landline phone from my package as it's no longer used. Can anyone tell me what would the price be for just broadband and TV, can't seem to get a straight answer when ringing the call centre. CityFibre has been installed in my area and seriously thinking about swapping over to them.

You'll only get a definitive answer by enduring the unhappy experience of phoning in. Try calling at 08:00 when the lines first open for the best chance of getting through quickly to a UK agent via the 'thinking of leaving us' route. Can you access this page for a general comparison?

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/broadband-and-tv

You will see that VM's pricing system means that bundling services with a phone line results in a lower overall package price.

Before you renew though, keep in mind VM's contract changes planned for 2024 onwards which include inflation-linked price rises and no ability to leave without early disconnection fees during any price rise. If you decide to renew, be very clear how/if those changes might affect you.

Research the costs for City Fibre over the same contract period to compare with whatever VM offers.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey jimmyslim,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having trying to get a price, unfortunately we aren't able to help with package changes over the forums. Please could you give the team another call on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 4 this will get you through to the contracts team who will be able to look into this further for you.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@jimmyslim wrote:

You'll only get a definitive answer by enduring the unhappy experience of phoning in. Try calling at 08:00 when the lines first open for the best chance of getting through quickly to a UK agent via the 'thinking of leaving us' route. Can you access this page for a general comparison?

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/broadband-and-tv

You will see that VM's pricing system means that bundling services with a phone line results in a lower overall package price.

Before you renew though, keep in mind VM's contract changes planned for 2024 onwards which include inflation-linked price rises and no ability to leave without early disconnection fees during any price rise. If you decide to renew, be very clear how/if those changes might affect you.

Research the costs for City Fibre over the same contract period to compare with whatever VM offers.

Keenzo
Up to speed

Dial 150 from your home phone line, options 1,1,1,4,4 for thinking of leaving.

call between 8-9 am and you should get straight through to the uk call center and they should help

Good Luck

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello jimmyslim

Thanks for raising the recent price increase with us via the forums, we understand the frustration this can cause and you wanting to ensure you're on the best deal available to you.

As has been advised, we aren't able to make changes via the forums but If you can give the team a call on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 4 this will get you through to the contracts team who will be able to look into this further for you.

We also have these contact methods available https://virg.in/contactvm or you can send your query to 07533016422 and we’ll text you back. We’re here 8am-11pm Monday to Friday, 8am-8pm on Saturday and Sunday. 

Rob