cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting billed for equipment I have already returned

Robbro
Joining in

Hi I returned my WiFi hub on the 4th June with proof of postage and have been sent a bill for £40 saying they have not received it yet. What do I do?

Obviously I don't want to pay as I have sent the equipment back in the packaging provided and I also don't want debt collectors chasing me up for this.

Thanks in advance

8 REPLIES 8

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Robbro,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear you have received a bill for equipment you have already sent back to us.

When and how did you return the equipment?

When equipment is returned it can take up to 14 days for it to show as back in stock and removed from the account.

Regards

Paul.

It was sent on 4th June via prepaid packaging sent to my house and dropped to a collect+ point as instructed

Thanks Rob,

I would advise giving it until the end of the week as we don't know when this was collected by Yodel and returned to us, do you have the receipt they gave you ?

Re3gards

Paul.

Yes I do have a screenshot of the e-receipt confirming postage.

Thank you

Thanks for coming back to us. It normally takes around 14 days for us to receive, scan in, and then remove the equipment. The charge would then be removed when done all that. If you use the tracking reference given on the receipt, what does it say?

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

It says the parcel is en route, the last update was on the 6th june saying parcel collected by courier. No updates since in over 2 weeks

Thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Robbro 

The lack of updates may be related to current Yodel issues.

Yodel have a major IT incident at the moment - all quickstart deliveries have been delayed and tracking doesnt work

https://www.yodel.co.uk/help-centre/delivery-disruption 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Robbro

Thank you for your reply!

Please do not be alarmed, as advised above by newapollo Yodel are experiencing some technical issues which will stop you from tracking the package. I've had a quick check on the system and nothing has been flagged to say we haven't received the equipment so all should be fine on that part with receipt of the return also.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs