Menu
gallorgs
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Get It Right Campaign

Hi Guys,

I hope someone can help me with this.

I received last night a email from allegedly Virgin Media regarding copyright infringement

Now i have some issues with this

A Apparently i have been sharing "Games Of Thrones", i only have this on iTunes & not on any P2P network

B - The email address whee the email came from is helpdesk@leadcopy.com, shouldn't it be a VM email address?

C - When i clicked on the Review button my google safe kicks in saying "Deceptive site ahead" google then goes on saying its a ASFSDV,net & its a phishing site 

This thing after looking into it seems very dodgy, so i would like to know if this is a legit email or not

Cheers

gallorgs

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Get It Right Campaign

As far as it should be all emails from VM would be from VM, not another different company.

@VirginMedia.co.uk

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
wez
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Its a known scam - ignore.

It is a phishing email designed to get you to give up details

gallorgs
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cheers, thought it was a bit dodgy, VM should have this on the site telling people about it though
0 Kudos
wez
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No worries.

The articles/updates concerning phishing tend to get put in the email forum on the help forums.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Latest-Phishing-News-25-03-2019/td-p/3961172

0 Kudos
OzzyMan
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You were right to be suspicious and well done for checking & avoiding. I received the same late last night (funnily enough soon after I'd accessed GOT on NOW TV). There were certain signs of phishiness: 'Hi There' greeting (bit casual) and then spellings like 'legitmate' & 'may of occured'. I'm sure the VM folks maintain higher standards of literacy.

Hovering the cursor over the links shows an address (redtl.net) that has nothing to do with VM. Dodgy dodgy.

Finally, I think it would absolutely be a good idea for VM to post scam alerts on their main page, rather than obliging customers to go ploughing through threads of Community messages (helpful as they often are). As it stands, all you get on main/home links is general bumph & advice - not much good if you're trying to figure out whether an urgent/warning message is legit or not. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@OzzyMan wrote:

You were right to be suspicious and well done for checking & avoiding. I received the same late last night (funnily enough soon after I'd accessed GOT on NOW TV). There were certain signs of phishiness: 'Hi There' greeting (bit casual) and then spellings like 'legitmate' & 'may of occured'. I'm sure the VM folks maintain higher standards of literacy.

Hovering the cursor over the links shows an address (redtl.net) that has nothing to do with VM. Dodgy dodgy.

Finally, I think it would absolutely be a good idea for VM to post scam alerts on their main page, rather than obliging customers to go ploughing through threads of Community messages (helpful as they often are). As it stands, all you get on main/home links is general bumph & advice - not much good if you're trying to figure out whether an urgent/warning message is legit or not. 

For the last part, common best practice if unsure of something legitness is always to contact the company up via your normal methods rather than replying to any generated email / sales call etc.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos