cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gas pipe strike

Doos
Joining in

Hello,

I am ready to go further to the court, can someone point me in the right direction, please?

briefly about what happened...

Had the engineer on the 19th of November 2022 to connect the broadband. during installation, he struck the gas pipe! 

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-17 at 09.52.41.jpg

The incident was incredibly alarming and put my family's safety at risk. I am deeply disappointed that a company like Virgin Media, with its reputation and resources, would allow such a gross error to occur. This incident has resulted in a considerable amount of inconvenience, loss of income and additional expenses.

Since November I am trying to settle the matter with the VM field manager, and then the regional manager and all I've been offered was 100 pounds which I didn't accept but it was credited directly to my account and used to pay the bills.

6 REPLIES 6

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Doos 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

I'm sorry to see that your complaint regarding this damaged pipe has not been resolved to your satisfaction. I can certainly understand the frustration with this 😔

I will be happy to take a look at this further for you, I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Cancergasleak
Joining in

hi

ive had the same problem but I'm really struggling to get help and anyone who understands and wants to help and without them keep closing complaints without the wall being fixed and a sensible resolution.

who helped you? 

Hi @Cancergasleak 

Welcome to the community forums.

Sorry to hear that you have had an issue with your installation. 

If you have multiple complaints open on the same issue, these will be closed as duplicates and the original complaint merged and updated with any new details. 

Are you speaking with the field team via email regarding the damage caused? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

No, I don't have a contact and have t throughout someone spoke to me and said they would call and didnt 

it's all been passed to a customer service agent who asked for information and then closed the complaint saying they have feedback to their team. 

I have only raised one complaint about this but they have raised multiple complaints 

IMG_0414.jpeg

IMG_0521.jpeg

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there,

We can appreciate the frustration caused, the complaints should still be open so the field team can assess the matter at hand.

Just from checking our forums I can see that our team has invited yourself into a PM on another thread.

To avoid confusion we'll allow responses to occur from there.

Regards,

Kain