cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gadget Rescue - Setup Fee on my first bill after upgrading to Volt

hadfieldjohn
Tuning in

I've had a strange charge appear on my first bill following an upgrade to Volt.  It says "Gadget Rescue - Setup Fee".

I was not expecting this charge, and have no idea what Gadget Rescue is.

Can anyone advise the best way to sort this out?  I'd rather avoid a long phone call if possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry to hear you have not been able to get this issue resolved when you spoke with the team @hadfieldjohn.

It sounds like something I can help with so I am going to send you a PM to confirm your details to assist further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post @hadfieldjohn, and a very warm welcome to you

It may be worth clicking this link for further information on Gadget Rescue to see if this helps explain the charge

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

@David_Bn - thank you for the link.  It explains the product reasonably well.

It doesn't explain why a product I'd never heard of has been added to my bill (though not my package as far as I can tell).  I admit I found out a little more about it yesterday when spending around thirty minutes on the phone to VM.  The billing team seemed to be able to see the charge but in order to do anything about it, I had to be transferred to the Gadget Rescue team, who were unable to see the charge.  They spent the majority of the 30 minutes telling me there was no charge and I wouldn't be charged, despite the fact I can see it on my bill.  They seemed reluctant to look at the bill itself, but of course I don't know how the VM system screens appear to the agents.  I was asked if they could call me back, which ti their credit they did.

The call to me began again with the "there is no charge" mantra, but when I repeated that the billing agent had confirmed the charge was there, it quickly changed to "it will be cancelled and refunded next month".  At this point, I simply have to take VM at their word and see if the charge is indeed credited on my next bill.  Please forgive my lack of faith, but I'm not really expecting it to be.

At that point, I'll use Resolver to address the issue in writing.  Let's hope I'll be pleasantly surprised.

With regard to the product - as I was asked if I'd used it - as a Mac user, it's seemingly not something I could make full use and as for allowing *anyone* remote access, I'd never desire such a service.  As a person who's worked for 32 years in software development and design, I'm probably not the target demographic, but I can categorically say I'd never, ever have requested the service.  As irritated by the charge as I am, I'm sure it's incompetence rather than a sneaky addition.  Let's hope it is indeed sorted.

Thanks again for your helpful link.

John

Sorry to hear you have not been able to get this issue resolved when you spoke with the team @hadfieldjohn.

It sounds like something I can help with so I am going to send you a PM to confirm your details to assist further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

@Nathan_B

Thank you for your assistance - I'll keep an eye out for the credit on my next bill.

Thanks

John

No worries 🙂

Regards

Nathan