cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fury Vs Whyte refund

JosephC89
Tuning in

Hi,

Hoping someone can help with getting a refund on the Tyson fury Vs dillian Whyte pay per view.

The stream wasn't available for most of the fights, and I have been billed this month for it in full.

I have tried to contact the billing team via phone, but been told there is no option to refund the fight and to go through the complaints process.

The information they have sent me links me directly back to calling the number I have just got off the phone with, so appear to be in an endless cycle of being told nothing they can do.

Just trying to get my money back for a service they were supposed to have provided but wasn't available for the majority of the stream.

If anyone has had any luck or can point me in the right direction it will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Joe

6 REPLIES 6

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @JosephC89,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you had during the recent Fury Vs Whyte fight and for the service that we failed to provide, please can you expand on what wasn't available, do you mean it was unwatchable, did you get any error messages?

Regards,

Steven_L  

Hi,

It was a blank screen for the first hour with nothing being displayed.

I called and it said you were experiencing issues with an automated message on the phone and you were aware and were doing what you could to rectify so I didn't continue the call.

It is the same issue as everyone was contacting about on twitter etc. with a blank screen until around 9:30 when it suddenly came back on.

We managed to see a little of the fight prior to the main event, and then the main event itself. What we didn't get to see were all of the other fights from when the coverage started until a few hours after.

I have no photos of the screen itself from the day as it was such a common issue I didn't think it was necessary as I thought you were aware.

Thanks

I forgot to mention, first hour was completely blank, then message on screen saying you were fixing problem or something. Looks as though I'm contradicting myself in the message above.

Main thing was stream started again around 9:30 and saw only a couple of the fights on the card

Thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Evidence of the wider issue is here VM forum team https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Tyson-fury-fight/m-p/4995387

Thanks for coming back to us @JosephC89.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

You're very welcome @JosephC89 and I'm glad that I could help you get this resolved.

Regards,

Steven_L