cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functionality of new website and billing

Anonymous
Not applicable

I signed into my account about a month ago and realised it had changed to a new format. I was in credit on my account as I always try to be, so decided to do what I always do and make an additional payment. The problem was this link below (first link) is not working. It just loads and loads and loads and loads. I tried it on Chrome, Firefox, IE - I tried it on my laptop, tablet and then on my smartphone. I put in my postcode, my surname and eventually it just times out. 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/make-a-payment

I then decided to try to find an old link to make a one time payment and found this link

https://payments.virginmedia.com/epayments/notloggedinaccountdetails_ecare.jsf

I made a £25 payment. My account was in credit by £38.07 so this would have made it in credit by £63.07. I waited one day, two days, three days, four days - the account did not update and still shows as being £38.07 even though I have an emailed receipt of proof of payment from VM. I phoned VM three times. First they denied there was an issue. Then they said they would fix it (did not believe this), then they acknowledged that for some people there account is not showing as being credited the customer's end and that this will be resolved. Of course, it has not been.

I wanted to make another payment. I cannot do so as the payment screen will still not load and I do not want to use the other payment link for my account not to be re credited again.

I do not know what to do. There is little point phoning VM again. They don't want to even fully  acknowledge that their website is not working in the same way as the old one did. As I said, you could say it was a problem my end, where it not or the fact that the new payment page will not load on any browser, or or any device I have tried. I also do not want to make a payment over the phone, as the last time i tried to do that , the man asked for the full card details, end date, three last digits at the back of the card which I was obviously reticent to give out. They really should have just left the website as it was. It is useless to me in its present form. I cannot make payments. 

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Anonymous 

Looking at the second link you provided, you aren't loggged into your My Virgin Media account so it's possible the payment will need to be input manually by a CS agent.

if you log into My Virgin Media next time you want to make a payment it should take you to this link

https://payments.virginmedia.com/epayments/paymentdetails_ecare.jsf

Also from the first link you provided (which is working for me in Chrome  although I had just cleared my browsing data which forced it reload ) you can pay using the following methods:-

How to pay by cash

Go to a PayPoint or a Post Office

Take any paper bill with a barcode to a PayPoint or post office. To find your closest PayPoint, go to the PayPoint site.

Go to your bank

Complete the payment slip at the bottom of your paper bill and take it to your nearest bank. But sending your payment this way will mean it’ll take longer to reach us.

How to pay by cheque

When you write the cheque, make sure your name, account number and postcode are on the back.

You can then either, fill in your payment slip from your paper bill and take both your slip and cheque to your bank, or send both to the following address:

Virgin Media Payments Ltd
PO Box 4014
Worthing
Sussex
BN13

If don’t put the payment slip in with the cheque it could delay or stop the payment from reaching Your Account.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response- but i already cleared history, cookies etc on all devices and it makes no difference. Paying via cheque, and the other methods you mention is not convenient for me - it is quicker and easier to pay online. 

Also it does not explain why my account balance has not updated and still shows me as being in credit by £38.07. VM already admitted there was an issue over a month ago and still have not rectified it. I did not want my bill to arrive and for me to end up paying when I would not owe them anything as I am in credit by  £63.07 - my account is not showing this although I received the payment confirmation via email  and VM has confirmed it is showing their end. It is not showing my end. There really is something wrong with their new website - they admitted this. I just wonder where it will leave customers like me. I tend to want an easy life. 

Hi mountaincube,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you are having with our website. 

I have attempted to locate your account but sadly have been unable too. 

What I will do is private message you so we can pass some data protection so we can look into this. 

^Martin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Martin_N I have sent you a private message as this still has not been resolved and I have no idea what is going on now.

Hi mountaincube,

I will respond further to your PM now.

^Martin

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for nothing - I wish you had never approached me to help me! But just so long as you can appear to be helpful on these open forums - that should serve you well!